JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all the bills being introduced to further restrict our RIGHTS as gun owners, why are there no bills being introduced to remove some or all of the restrictions we currently have.

It seems to me that the 2A has been on the defense for quite some time now, only trying to fight whats being forced uppon it. Why not put the gun control people in check. Why are fighting to not register, gun owners out number goverment.

I guess what I'm saying is why are we being pushed? Shouldnt we be the ones doing the pushing?

Unfortunately most gun owners tend to be private people who just want to be left alone. All the "crusaders" are on the other side of the issue trying to push their narrow beliefs on the rest of us so, we end up playing defense by default.

I do get your point though and perhaps it is indeed time to start pushing back. :s0012: :s0131:

There is one in the Washington State House right now to allow supressors: Here: http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3250

this is the bill, post thanks to Cocktailer: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2009-10/Pdf/Bills/House Bills/1604.pdf

With all the bills being introduced to further restrict our RIGHTS as gun owners, why are there no bills being introduced to remove some or all of the restrictions we currently have.

It seems to me that the 2A has been on the defense for quite some time now, only trying to fight whats being forced uppon it. Why not put the gun control people in check. Why are fighting to not register, gun owners out number goverment.

I guess what I'm saying is why are we being pushed? Shouldnt we be the ones doing the pushing?

I am thinking that if we as a country push to remove restrictions on guns, the gun grabbers will have their hands full trying to deal with that, they wont have time to try and impose more restrictions upon us. By letting them restrict our rights, haven't we already accepted our second amendment to be infringed upon?

That's what a lot of the pro second amendment groups are trying to do... but we need more of "our kind" in positions of authority at the federal, state, and local levels to really make things happen.

Then there's the entrenched bureaucrats and assorted types to deal with as well. It's not going to be easy but we definitely need to keep pushing back regardless of whether it's from an offensive or defensive position.

Good topic. :s0155:

I just feel that if we are not trying to push to remove what has been done, then we accept being submited.

There is a defference between trying to win, and just trying not to be defeated. I for one want to win, I dont want a permit to have a long pistol, a short rifle, or a quiet gun of either form, or to carry concealed.

On the national scene:

Part 1

Part 2

http://gunowners.org/

On the Oregon scene:

OFF

There are several bills that have been introduced in the OR legislature that are pro-gun. Until they come out-of-committee, there is not excitment to be generated. Do a search to find them. Also, keep an eye on;

<broken link removed>

To see what they are doing.

ETA: BOSS-

Seen the latest OFF Alert?

Here.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show