JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Brad Thor?s Testy TV Exchange After He Offers to Buy George Zimmerman a New Gun | Video | TheBlaze.com

"Bestselling author Brad Thor is offering to buy George Zimmerman a new gun and all the ammunition he wants after the Justice Department put a hold on releasing the evidence from Zimmerman’s murder trial, thus delaying the return of his handgun.
Brad Thor Offers to Buy George Zimmerman New Gun After Department of Justice Puts Hold on Trial Evidence

Author Brad Thor is offering to buy George Zimmerman a new gun.

Thor made the offer in a series of tweets Friday, then doubled down in a contentious TV interview in Chicago.

“Read this carefully, as I don’t want 2 be misunderstood: SCREW the #DOJ. If they won’t give #Zimmerman his gun back, I’ll buy him a new one,” he tweeted shortly after midnight Friday................................."

Great interview and lets all remember you can only be a racist if you have the power to hold someone down... What a load

He can give the gunshop his CC#, and have Zim go in, fill out the paperwork and pick it up upon completion of the NICS background check and 4473 etc.

If holder hasn't already put him on the ban list that is.

Probably not on the list yet, since he is not currently under indictment, at least as far as we know....unless it's super secret double probation type...(and extra points to those of you old enough to know where that comes from).

I'm sure he would get multiple offers like this. I hope he takes people up on it and arms his whole family. They need it.

And at the very least, he could just give GZ the money and let him do the purchase himself with zero legal implications.

Zimmerman's gun now has collector value as morbid as that is. I think after the DOJ gives up chasing shadows Zim should donate it to Obama's Presidential library.

Probably not on the list yet, since he is not currently under indictment, at least as far as we know....unless it's super secret double probation type...(and extra points to those of you old enough to know where that comes from).

Lemme see.......Animal House, right ? Dean Wormer was a bit of a fascist but he was right about one thing. Fat, drunk, and stupid IS no way to go through life son. Wish I could have learned that one a bit earlier.

What would you bet that Zimmerman was put on the NCIS flag list as a "do not sell" individual while awaiting trial.

If/when he goes to purchase a new gun he will find this out and it will take years to clear it up. We all know that the government can and will drag their feet as long as possible (or until caught; IRS) to keep the law abiding citizens from exercising their rights.

I'd like to see where you got that information from.

Too easy. You know that form YOU sign when you buy a gun from and FFL? The 4473, it is printed right on every copy, http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf

Question 11.a. Actual Transferee/Buyer: For purposes of this form, you are the actual transferee/buyer if you are purchasing the firearm for yourself or otherwise acquiring the firearm for yourself (e.g., redeeming the firearm from pawn/retrieving it from consignment, firearm raffle winner). You are also the actual transferee/buyer if you are legitimately purchasing the firearm as a gift for a third party. ACTUAL TRANSFEREE/BUYER EXAMPLES: Mr. Smith asks Mr. Jones to purchase a firearm for Mr. Smith. Mr. Smith gives Mr. Jones the money for the firearm. Mr. Jones is NOT THE ACTUAL TRANS- FEREE/BUYER of the firearm and must answer "NO" to question 11.a. The licensee may not transfer the firearm to Mr. Jones. However, if Mr. Brown goes to buy a firearm with his own money to give to Mr. Black as a present, Mr. Brown is the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm and should answer "YES" to question 11.a. However, you may not transfer a firearm to any person you know or have reasonable cause to believe is prohibited under 18 U.S.C. § 922(g), (n), or (x). Please note: EXCEPTION: If you are picking up a repaired firearm(s) for another person, you are not required to answer 11.a. and may proceed to question 11.b.

Straw has NOTHING to do with prohibited persons........

So much for Our 2nd Amendment rights these days.

The Founding Fathers believed it was not Our right to give someone a firearm as a gift?
The Founding Fathers believed it was not Our right to buy a firearm for someone who could not afford it?
The Founding Fathers believed it was not Our right to purchase firearms without rules and regulations?

Nope, if someone, even someone legally OK to buy a gun gives you money and you buy the gun you're in violation of the law.

Um no, if someone gives me say $500 cash as a gift and I go buy a gun with that cash on my own no laws are violated.

If you buy a firearm for the purpose of giving it to another as a gift it would appear that the part in red would govern.

Question 11.a. Actual Transferee/Buyer: For purposes of this form, you are the actual transferee/buyer if you are purchasing the firearm for yourself or otherwise acquiring the firearm for yourself (e.g., redeeming the firearm from pawn/retrieving it from consignment, firearm raffle winner). You are also the actual transferee/buyer if you are legitimately purchasing the firearm as a gift for a third party. ACTUAL TRANSFEREE/BUYER EXAMPLES: Mr. Smith asks Mr. Jones to purchase a firearm for Mr. Smith. Mr. Smith gives Mr. Jones the money for the firearm. Mr. Jones is NOT THE ACTUAL TRANS- FEREE/BUYER of the firearm and must answer "NO" to question 11.a. The licensee may not transfer the firearm to Mr. Jones. However, if Mr. Brown goes to buy a firearm with his own money to give to Mr. Black as a present, Mr. Brown is the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm and should answer "YES" to question 11.a. However, you may not transfer a firearm to any person you know or have reasonable cause to believe is prohibited under 18 U.S.C. § 922(g), (n), or (x). Please note: EXCEPTION: If you are picking up a repaired firearm(s) for another person, you are not required to answer 11.a. and may proceed to question 11.b.

Um no, if someone gives me say $500 cash as a gift and I go buy a gun with that cash on my own no laws are violated.

If you buy a firearm for the purpose of giving it to another as a gift it would appear that the part in red would govern.

you beat me to it.:s0152:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads