JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nwcid
(Straw has NOTHING to do with prohibited persons)

using your words (too easy)

Straw purchase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

straw purchase or nominee purchase is any purchase wherein an agent agrees to acquire a good or service for someone who is unable or unwilling to purchase the good or service himself, and the agent transfers the goods/services to that person after purchasing them. Straw purchases are legal except in cases where the ultimate receiver of goods or services uses those goods or services in the commission of a crime with the prior knowledge of the straw purchaser, or if the ultimate possessor is not legally able to purchase the goods/services. In some cases, the agent in the straw purchase may receive money or recompense from the ultimate possessor.

Nwcid
(Straw has NOTHING to do with prohibited persons)

using your words (too easy)

Straw purchase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

straw purchase or nominee purchase is any purchase wherein an agent agrees to acquire a good or service for someone who is unable or unwilling to purchase the good or service himself, and the agent transfers the goods/services to that person after purchasing them. Straw purchases are legal except in cases where the ultimate receiver of goods or services uses those goods or services in the commission of a crime with the prior knowledge of the straw purchaser, or if the ultimate possessor is not legally able to purchase the goods/services. In some cases, the agent in the straw purchase may receive money or recompense from the ultimate possessor.

Sorry I will fix my quote. In the case of the ATF (the topic we are talking about, I assume it was a given so I will be the a$$) a straw purchaser has NOTHING to do with being prohibited or not. It has to do with one simple question, being 11a, "Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you. (See Instructions for Question 11.a.) Exception: If you are picking up a repaired firearm(s) for another person, you are not required to answer 11.a. and may proceed to question 11.b."

IF the answer is NO and you lie and say yes then you are a straw purchaser which is breaking the law even if the person you are buying the gun for is the most stand up 100% legit person that ever lived. There is no spot on the form for "yes the person I am buying the gun for is a "good guy".

Your original post of "I'd like to see where you got that information from." was too easy because it is right on the form............

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top