JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't know where you are getting your 22 LR but buddy had two people pick up bricks for him at sportsman in Salem yesterday and paid $24 each.

I paid $25 plus tax at Marys Guns- but I'm not sure if that was the luck of the draw of simply being there at the right time with UPS or if that was a sign the backlog had finally caught up

Still not seeing any .22 at my local Bimart but got a 420 pack of 5.56 62 grain green tip on strippers and ammo box yesterday online for 170.00 shipped. Best I've seen in long time......

*Puts on his motorcycle helmet to keep from hurting himself while thinking* OK dusting off ancient brain cells about supply and demand I'd bet by around 1 September the price of ammo will drop- the market will finally have caught up with the demand and the foul weather will force the "nice weather shooters" inside until next spring. Is my logic sound?

I think it's sound unless....one of these recent shootings, or another yet to occur stirs the idiots in Washington again. Start the panic over and we'll be back to where we've been for the last year and a half. Since we can't predict these incidents, it's hard to say. Best to stock up whenever you can so you're prepared if it happens again.

I think it's sound unless....one of these recent shootings, or another yet to occur stirs the idiots in Washington again. Start the panic over and we'll be back to where we've been for the last year and a half. Since we can't predict these incidents, it's hard to say. Best to stock up whenever you can so you're prepared if it happens again.

Thats why I keep buying a little ammo with every paycheck.
Now I need more .45 :)

I got a nice surprise in the mail this week. I bought an M&P 15-22 back in March and they had a 'rebate' offer for 300 rounds of CCI "AR Tactical" .22lr ammo. I submitted the form, but forgot all about it, until the box arrived this week. Nice to have another 300 rounds when you weren't expecting it.

And that was after a murder-suicide that claimed the lives of 2 teenagers. Any guesses how many teenagers died in car crashes yesterday that received no notice from the President? What about the 5 soldiers killed by friendly fire? Barely made the news and no one was foaming at the mouth about IFF between ground and aerial forces. Hilary writes a book and she gets full coverage for several days on every news broadcast. What disgusts and saddens me is that the news coverage we see and the rants of politicians are carefully calculated to be what the majority of people want to hear, and they are eating it up.

In the long term though I don't see this shooting as causing much of a ripple in ammo prices because of the low casualty count and the likelihood that it was targeted at a single person for a specific reason rather than a widespread killing of strangers. No one can push much of an agenda off of it and the summer break will be on us soon which tends to put a pause on most school shootings.

I haven't seen ammo prices come down as the bloody stuff has to come into stock first. If you've been buying from scalpers then I suppose those prices may be down a bit.

.22 lr is still very hard to find at reasonable prices, but other ammo does seem to me more available and some of the prices are dropping. Here is a very decent deal on .223 ammo:
https://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100001464
What I like is the commercial cases, no crimped primers. Not sure how much shipping would be on 1000 rounds, but $330 = $6.60 per box of 20 for decent reloadable brass with lead core range legal bullets. If I needed some, this would be it.

Prices are dropping as availability gets better... many people blew their wad on overpriced ammo last year. I've been seeing .223 going for $300/1k lately. It'll probably last until the results of the next election come up.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews