JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everyone,

Applied for CHL in Multnomah County Oregon April 3rd and went in for my appointment on May 16.

It is now 6/30/17 and my permit is still not here. Today is the 46th day.

I called the CHL office and asked where it is. They stated it was approved 6/27/17 (43 days) and was "possibly" mailed out on 6/28/17 (44 days).

I expressed my concerns to the office and was met with excuses about being busy, etc.

My question is, is Multnomah County breaking the law since I have not received my license within 45 days?

"Shall issue" state.

Thanks...

Somebody renewed in person at the SW OR USA Josephine County SO Jail. They were very polite. New picture. When he called ahead of time they said about 6 weeks total and come in about that much before the expiration date. The guy did.

When he got there they told them due to staffing reductions, (they were all volunteers) the renewal license might be a little late getting to the guy. They gave him a receipt to carry with the old license. He has until about July 20th, 2017.

The nice volunteer deputy did say about half of Southern Josephine County Oregon seemed to be renewing their CCW permits. Dodge City. Tombstone. Usually little or zero law enforcement. None. A new tax levy will help end such.

He can still carry and the kept receipt of renewal will be good. Continuity. He will see. Some time yet. He believes in his case Josephine County Oregon SO has their staffing problems. No money. Delays under such conditions are likely.

If your waiting for your old one to almost expire before you renew.it. I would argue your part of the problem
I renew mine several months before the expiration date and have never had a problem.

Yep. Renew early. In my case the volunteer Deputy apologized to me for the additional delay. Staffing problems. They are all volunteers. Josephine County, SW OR. I was told to renew at a certain predate. That turned out not to be enough time. In my case the staff was very professional and friendly. Good people. Thank you.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top