Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Is it still legal to build reciever or recievers?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Rascals, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Rascals

Rascals Portland Or Active Member

I can rememeber when I was younger and we were allowed to make 1 reciever per year and be legal. Had someone telling me that you can now make 3 a year. Well I would like to just build 1 as a matter of pride but I want to find what the real laws are and not what somebody told me. Does anyone know what laws govern this or anything to help me find it. Thanks

2. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Interesting topic!

I am seriously considering building an AK from "scratch" just for the experience of it. I have "built" three AR's now and its kind of "ho-hum" for me now as the AR platform is very efficiently "modular"... outside of machining the upper and lower from raw forgings that is. Not going to invest the money in the C&C machine and programming for that!

Buying the jigs and bending the flats for AK receivers... that is realistically doable for a "hobby builder".

4. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Doesn't appear to be any mention on a limit of how many builds a guy can do. Good news. Now if I only had the money to do a bunch of builds I'd be a happy camper.

5. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

There is no limit. Just has to be for personal use.

6. Rascals

Rascals Portland Or Active Member

Thanks so much. But as of now I still cant find that line in there. And now my eyes are glazing over. But I will find it thanks.

7. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

Yup.
    You can build as many as you want.