JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
is it normal when you have a CPL to have a purchase of a hand gun to be delayed.
i just got my CPL and went to buy a new hand gun and it was delayed,what more checking do they have to do,nothing has happen or changed in the few days ive had this.
its no big deal but i didnt want to have to drive back(50 miles)to recieve it on another day

Well I live in Oregon......... anyways ummmmm I have had my concealed handgun license and when I buy guns it don't even matter and when they call me in to check me out before the sell me the gun, I never had any delays and or problems. This year (2009) so far I bought 4 firearms and never had issues. They called in and within a few minuts they had the green light and I was done. That was in the gun shop and at the gun show as well. I am gonna buy a few more guns before the end of the year and I am sure I will NOT have any problems.

Your "CPL" shouldn't have an effect on a "nics" check anyway. When you make a purchase your name, DOB, SSN etc. is run through the FBI's NCIC computer, and compared with any prohibited persons in that system. A "CPL" is not even in the criteria for that search.

I work in a store that sells firearms. In Oregon, the State Police do the background check. Believe it or not, they will check you through the State Police records, the Federal records and do a credit check! I don't know why, but that is the way it is. I have seen police officers delayed at times. So why you may get delayed, I cannot answer but it does happen. I have seen people delayed for more than 6 months before being approved! It's what happens when the lunatics run the asylum. Hope this helps.

I was delayed a couple of times. Usually it gets cleared up in less than an hour. Only once did I have to return the next day, and that was on my first gun purchase in Oregon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top