Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

is it normal

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by toyman2, Aug 15, 2009.

1. toyman2

toyman2 Walla Walla WA New Member

is it normal when you have a CPL to have a purchase of a hand gun to be delayed.
    i just got my CPL and went to buy a new hand gun and it was delayed,what more checking do they have to do,nothing has happen or changed in the few days ive had this.
    its no big deal but i didnt want to have to drive back(50 miles)to recieve it on another day

2. wichaka

wichaka Wa State Well-Known Member

They don't know that.

3. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Sometimes you get a delay just because the information was entered wrong.

4. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

It happens all the time.

5. Oro

Oro Western WA Active Member

yep, sometimes the system is just down, or an error. I know it's frustrating buy don't sweat it. It is normal.

6. toyman2

toyman2 Walla Walla WA New Member

it wasnt even 24hrs and they called for me to pick it up

7. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Well I live in Oregon......... anyways ummmmm I have had my concealed handgun license and when I buy guns it don't even matter and when they call me in to check me out before the sell me the gun, I never had any delays and or problems. This year (2009) so far I bought 4 firearms and never had issues. They called in and within a few minuts they had the green light and I was done. That was in the gun shop and at the gun show as well. I am gonna buy a few more guns before the end of the year and I am sure I will NOT have any problems.

8. grumpygy

grumpygy Dexter New Member

1st gun after mine was received, which was that very day was also delayed. 1st and only time, none since but have bought more.

9. ob1

ob1 49th parallel Well-Known Member

Your "CPL" shouldn't have an effect on a "nics" check anyway. When you make a purchase your name, DOB, SSN etc. is run through the FBI's NCIC computer, and compared with any prohibited persons in that system. A "CPL" is not even in the criteria for that search.

10. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

I work in a store that sells firearms. In Oregon, the State Police do the background check. Believe it or not, they will check you through the State Police records, the Federal records and do a credit check! I don't know why, but that is the way it is. I have seen police officers delayed at times. So why you may get delayed, I cannot answer but it does happen. I have seen people delayed for more than 6 months before being approved! It's what happens when the lunatics run the asylum. Hope this helps.

11. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

I was delayed a couple of times. Usually it gets cleared up in less than an hour. Only once did I have to return the next day, and that was on my first gun purchase in Oregon.