JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sure it's black these days.

But remember when Colt grey and HK blue were king? :rolleyes:

I can even remember when you could buy nickel SP 1 Colts........kinda "Semi Formal" Nickel SP 1.jpg

I kinda like Green... my gal's Canadian and one of the guys who helped figure out how to make a stock fit me is active IDF, and both of their countries issue green furniture so on my first build it seemed an apt "tip of the hat" to both of them.

:)

Black is the most unnatural color. Nothing in nature is totally black. Black at night is actually really easy to see.

I remember when I first heard that - nu-uh says I and I go about setting a few black objects out at night. I was surprised when black stood out even in the darkest shadows. I've read dark green is the best all around color, but found most OD green to be too close to black for my tastes.

But in complete darkness you won't see anything but black. :D

I don't mind FDE or OD, as long as the colors match. If each part is different shades of the color, it bothers me. o_O

On my new build I've been sourcing FDE parts. This has been a challenge, tough to find a lower in FDE. Actually, a black AR looks great with FDE furniture on it.

I just took my Remington 870 Express in to get it cerakoted FDE, it wears black Magpul furniture.

On my new build I've been sourcing FDE parts. This has been a challenge, tough to find a lower in FDE. Actually, a black AR looks great with FDE furniture on it.

I just took my Remington 870 Express in to get it cerakoted FDE, it wears black Magpul furniture.

Curt's in Gladstone has FDE lowers on occasion, and I've done business with Sur-Tac (Sur-Tac Gear.com | Certified Cerakote applicator) in Gresham and they do an outstanding job. Their price list shows they will do a lower at $60, and if you bring in your other parts they will match both color and texture. They are now an FFL and may even have an FDE lower in stock.

Goes with your pearls...so yea, still classic good taste...
...Especially apropos for most weddings, funerals, inaugurations, and most of the higher class tailgate parties.:cool:

Don't forget insurrections, claim jumpings and barn burnings!:rolleyes:

I like my EBR's to be referred too as, "Perfect, little, black numbers." :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top