JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree with this ^^^
While it's nice to see the imminent threat of IP44 gone for now, the fight definitely continues on.
I'll enjoy the short-lived win, even though I know the issue will undoubtedly rear its ugly head again - and many others like it.
As long as the 2nd Amendment stands, the onslaught of attacks against it and against those that support it will increase and only intensify.

This is my fear as well ^^^
One day and one fight at a time.
We all need to be politically active and not afraid to talk with our neighbors in a level-headed way about these issues.

I believe the more we talk about and normalize gun ownership it helps the "middle ground" people realize that all the garbage and vilifying they hear about firearms and gun owners is utter nonsense.
However, if we don't talk about it, with all the repetition and constant drum beating from the anti-2A groups, some middle ground people can start to believe the anti-2A talk they hear and begin drinking the kool-aid too.

We won't win these fights by ourselves, the ardent 2A supporters & firearms enthusiasts. I believe there are still reasonable people out there (fewer and fewer by the day) that love our country. Even though they may not own firearms themselves, they still understand that a chunk of metal, wood and/or plastic isn't the problem...it's the brain cells (or lack thereof) operating the tool that should get our attention (punish the violators and really punish them - not the abiders). But that is an entirely different topic for another day.

For now, I'm glad to see IP44 off the books!

Yes, this is absolutely KEY, we MUST gain the support of the "middle ground" people. Or what I call, whatever critical thinkers are left out there.

Another good example of these seemingly small numbers being key is the democratic party. Right now, they get 90+% of the black american voters, if they were to get say only 80% or 75% they would never win another national election.

Yay! Hopefully the same fate will befall IP43. Buys some time before 2020 elections to do some proactive stuff.

I do like the idea of a Pro-2A ballot initiative. My guess is that across non-Portland Oregon, we could get enough signatures to get it on the ballot given enough time, as the rural part of Oregon makes it a bit tougher due to lower population density. But should be doable and then it will be interesting to see if we can shake off voter apathy and show a Pro-2A win in Oregon.

Yay! Hopefully the same fate will befall IP43. Buys some time before 2020 elections to do some proactive stuff.

I do like the idea of a Pro-2A ballot initiative. My guess is that across non-Portland Oregon, we could get enough signatures to get it on the ballot given enough time, as the rural part of Oregon makes it a bit tougher due to lower population density. But should be doable and then it will be interesting to see if we can shake off voter apathy and show a Pro-2A win in Oregon.

Advertise free beer and they will come to you.

The article says,

"That shooting was made possible because the shooter's friend left his gun unsecured and did not report the theft. If this measure had been in place at that time, that shooting might never have occurred," a statement from the group read.

Why lay the blame for a stupid, irresponsible action of one numnuts gun owner at the feet of the entire population of gun owners in this state by attempting to legislate such drivel?
I have found many gun owners who simply don't keep up with the ever changing common sense laws, aren't aware they are doing anything illegal. They've grown up 30-40 years with the same gun laws then 3-4 years ago they started changing very quickly.

Anyone else concerned that this and the crap from IP 43 will just be passed in the next legislative session, taking it out of the voters hands completely? That's my fear.
Yes, very much so. That is why i won't shut up about getting pro gun rights candidates to fill a majority of Oregon House seats this November. It will likely be a last ditch effort since the voting demographics in this state are going in the anti-gun rights direction. Everbody can Adopt a progun candidate in another swing district if your own district is a lost cause. Most portland metro area districts are lost causes. Head over to my reddit sub or post here if you have ideas or want ideas on what districts we have a chance at winning. r/orgunowners

I'm wondering if IP44 was removed because the Ds in Salem fear Kate Brown will lose in a red wave if IP43/44 are on the ballot? I think such a defeat is a real possibility.

Although I'd prefer to defeat IP43 before it gets the signatures, it would actually be A LOT better if it made it to the ballot, was defeated BIG LEAGUE, and Knute whooped Kate in a red wave.

A separate campaign to restrict the sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in the state continues...
"We have highly motivated junior high and high school students who can't wait for the opportunity to take their petitions and get signatures," he said.
(Emphasis mine)
When they're not dancing in the blood of the victims they're exploiting children. Seems like they get more despicable every year.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top