JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Don't worry, it's backers are already meeting to reintroduce it at the earliest opportunity.
635910975427054576-The-Walking-Dead-zombies.jpg

The article says,

"That shooting was made possible because the shooter's friend left his gun unsecured and did not report the theft. If this measure had been in place at that time, that shooting might never have occurred," a statement from the group read.

Why lay the blame for a stupid, irresponsible action of one numnuts gun owner at the feet of the entire population of gun owners in this state by attempting to legislate such drivel?

Anyone else concerned that this and the crap from IP 43 will just be passed in the next legislative session, taking it out of the voters hands completely? That's my fear.

To a certain extent IP43 and IP44 were probes. I think they saw a lot more resistance from conservatives and sportsmen than they anticipated. They may panic and pull the trigger on EMERGENCY legislation. That's why WE need to start proposing our own legislation through friendly legislators to accomplish the root goals (prevention of violence and deaths) without compromising the 2A.

Anyone else concerned that this and the crap from IP 43 will just be passed in the next legislative session, taking it out of the voters hands completely? That's my fear.
They probably will try to do exactly that, but IMO that would not be as easy as going the initiative route. I'd be more concerned about another initiative attempt with an earlier start in 2020.

The article says,

"That shooting was made possible because the shooter's friend left his gun unsecured and did not report the theft. If this measure had been in place at that time, that shooting might never have occurred," a statement from the group read.

Why lay the blame for a stupid, irresponsible action of one numnuts gun owner at the feet of the entire population of gun owners in this state by attempting to legislate such drivel?

You beat me to that one...
Like everyone will obey every new law, Hell, they don't even obey the old laws.
Freaking idiots.:mad:

One down, endless more work to go.

I agree with this ^^^
While it's nice to see the imminent threat of IP44 gone for now, the fight definitely continues on.
I'll enjoy the short-lived win, even though I know the issue will undoubtedly rear its ugly head again - and many others like it.
As long as the 2nd Amendment stands, the onslaught of attacks against it and against those that support it will increase and only intensify.

This is my fear as well ^^^
One day and one fight at a time.
We all need to be politically active and not afraid to talk with our neighbors in a level-headed way about these issues.

I believe the more we talk about and normalize gun ownership it helps the "middle ground" people realize that all the garbage and vilifying they hear about firearms and gun owners is utter nonsense.
However, if we don't talk about it, with all the repetition and constant drum beating from the anti-2A groups, some middle ground people can start to believe the anti-2A talk they hear and begin drinking the kool-aid too.

We won't win these fights by ourselves, the ardent 2A supporters & firearms enthusiasts. I believe there are still reasonable people out there (fewer and fewer by the day) that love our country. Even though they may not own firearms themselves, they still understand that a chunk of metal, wood and/or plastic isn't the problem...it's the brain cells (or lack thereof) operating the tool that should get our attention (punish the violators and really punish them - not the abiders). But that is an entirely different topic for another day.

For now, I'm glad to see IP44 off the books!

To a certain extent IP43 and IP44 were probes. I think they saw a lot more resistance from conservatives and sportsmen than they aticipated. They may panic and pull the trigger on EMERGENCY legislation. That's why WE need to start proposing our own legislation through friendly legislators to accomplish the root goals (prevention of violence and deaths) without compromising the 2A.

Agreed. I mean obviously they were hoping it would pass but, I can see their main goal as a probe.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews