JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sorry for posting this up at the last minute, but Kevin Starrett of OFF and Derek LeBlanc, owner of Lethal Lovebirds LLC will be at the Beaverton Masonic Lodge tonight to discuss IP43 and 44.

This is a free meeting, but seating is limited so you must sign up on Eventbrite. Here's the link:

IP43 and IP44 Education Meeting

Here's the address info:

Beaverton Masonic Lodge
4690 SW Watson Ave
Beaverton, OR 97005

The meeting is from 7pm to 8:30pm. I hope to see as many of you there as possible! Please share this as far & wide as you can!

Sorry for posting this up at the last minute, but Kevin Starrett of OFF and Derek LeBlanc, owner of Lethal Lovebirds LLC will be at the Beaverton Masonic Lodge tonight to discuss IP43 and 44.

This is a free meeting, but seating is limited so you must sign up on Eventbrite. Here's the link:

IP43 and IP44 Education Meeting

Here's the address info:

Beaverton Masonic Lodge
4690 SW Watson Ave
Beaverton, OR 97005

The meeting is from 7pm to 8:30pm. I hope to see as many of you there as possible! Please share this as far & wide as you can!

I wish I could attend but I am to far away to attend tonight. By the way there are still tickets available for anyone who can make it. Please let us know how it goes.

Last Edited:
It was a good meeting. The room was mostly filled with people between the ages of 30-75. We need more young people.....

Four planned speakers and one un-planned speaker.

Reps from OFF and OFIR were there, as well as Dan Laschober.

Laschober for Oregon

It appears as though time will be the biggest challenge for the authors of 43 & 44. And those who would dispute the ballot title within 10 days of the AG's approval, automatically get to approach the Oregon Supreme court to dispute the title, before the "works of art....":confused:
can make it to the ballot....could take years...:cool:

IMO, it was a great, informative meeting. Not sure on exactly how many, but I would estimate at least 200 attended.
Note: If I mangle what anyone said in the meeting, please correct me. Taking meeting notes is for me like getting a root canal without anesthesia.
  • Organized and opened by Dan Laschober of Wilsonville, who is running for Oregon State Rep for District 26. He started with the Pledge of Allegiance, then went on to discuss why he is running for State Rep, and then introduced the other speakers.
  • The meeting was videotaped by Michael Strickland, who also spoke of his ordeal . Dan L said the video should be made available for private download at a later date.
  • Derek LeBlanc of Lethal Lovebirds & Kid S.A.F.E. spoke. He talked about getting the message out about the ballot initiatives. He discussed IP43, opined that it boils down to Good vs. Evil. Also discussed the lessons he learns from his activism: we are all after the same thing - the safety of our community, families and children. Finding the language to bring this to antis, thinking like they do, will help get our message across. He encouraged us to attend anti gatherings like Moms Demand Action or Everytown for Gun Safety meetings to discuss the issues and get the message across, that the members are there because they are afraid.
  • Kevin Starrett of Oregon Firearms Federation followed with the nitty-gritty details of ballot initiatives IP43 & IP44.
    43 did not have enough signatures and it's future is suspect. IP44 is well funded by Bloomberg, well organized, and we should not be surprised when they broadcast TV ads showing a gritty, black-and-white video of a school shooting re-enactment. Important points:
  1. IP44 was submitted with 1,700+ signatures. When these are validated by Sec State Dennis Richardson's office, the initiative will go to Attorney General Rosenblum's office, where a ballot title will be written. He emphasized that the title will be slanted for the initiative. Once the title is written, we (that means, all Oregon Citizens) have the opportunity to comment on the title, and the title alone, e.g. NOT THE TEXT OF THE PROPOSAL. Commenting on the title gives you legal standing to challenge the initiative in the Oregon Supreme Court. IN SHORT, EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US SHOULD COMMENT ON THE BALLOT TITLE DURING THE COMMENT PERIOD (10 DAYS) SO WE CAN CHALLENGE IT IN COURT. THAT MEANS YOU. upload_2018-4-10_22-45-28.png
  2. Throughout the state, citizen Patriots are initiating the petitions and getting onto county ballots for vote, 2nd Amendment Preservation Ordinances which become county law. While the Legislature modified ORS 166 giving them sole ability to regulate Oregon Firearm Statutes, KS outlined that the precedent existed for counties to subvert state law, much like state law subverts federal law (marijuana), and the federal law subverts the Constitution (Sanctuary states). He expressed the opinion, cooperation and communal interest of rural Oregonians are necessary to counteract the collective, colossal stupidity of Portland libtards.
  3. Do not underestimate the organization and funding of the people behind IP44: they are EVIL, don't give a damn about your or anyone's safety, and HATE you.
  • The meeting was opened to questions and discussion. An unnamed NRA Certified Firearms Instructor spoke about strategy of building common interest and communicating effectively. He reiterated, we all want the same thing, SAFETY, and suggested it is their fear and ignorance that can be changed. He also both commented that the easiest opponent to defeat was an emotional one. That could mean either side, and we have to keep our heads cool.
  • Followed again by Kevin.
  • Closed with a pitch for donations for Dan Laschober by gentleman whose name I cannot remember. Note, under the Oregon PAC law, if you donate $50 to Dan's campaign PAC, that comes directly out of your tax liability.
@Oathkeeper1775 , good to know you were there. I didn't recognize you if I saw you (been a long time), but it would have been great to chat.

I went in hopes of video taping it and live streaming it on FB but i was told not to. What was Ironic is that there was a whole speech about 1A and the right to film but I was told not to.

I went in hopes of video taping it and live streaming it on FB but i was told not to. What was Ironic is that there was a whole speech about 1A and the right to film but I was told not to.

I can understand why. Some anti-2A person could tape it, edit to make everyone look like violent gun toting kooks, and put in out on social media. Better that the event holders tape it and make it available on OFF.

I went and was surprised at the turnout. I think they said 160 had registered but I think there were more there. Several were standing in the back. It was informative and Kevin said the best way to fight them is to delay them. One of those things is challenging the ballot title when it comes out. Costs nothing to do and can hold them back.

A video tape should be available on OFF later, so rather than recap the event, watch it when it comes out.

I wish there would have been more young people there. I don't doubt for a minute that if it had been an anti-gun event the place would have been packed with them.

The 1A is about the government not allowing you free speech/filming. Doesn't necessarily apply to private organizations.

Did anyone see this from Rep Bill Post? According to him, the 3,400 sponsorship signatures FAILED the verification! So they needed to turn in an additional 1,000 signatures, which they did. This has caused more delays for them, which is good for us.

Read more details below:

From his FB page yesterday:

Here is the latest on IP 43.

The deadline (per Oregon Law) for the Oregon Elections Division to validate the 3,400 sponsorship signatures the Petitioners turned in on March 26th was this past Friday (4/6). Those of us who signed up for email alerts should have received an email stating they validated the signatures on Friday. Yet, no email alert from the Oregon Elections Division? So I called them.

I was informed the signatures the petitioners turned in failed the State's sampling criteria so the Petitioners were told (last week) they needed to turn in an additional 1000 signatures which they did.

The revised date for the State to validate the new batch of signatures is April 16th. This is good news given the fact they lost another week in an already extremely tight Initiative qualification timeline.

The next step in the qualification process once the signatures are validated by April 16th the Attorney General then has three days to submit the "Proposed" Ballot Title, after which the public comment period opens. Those who signed up via the Oregon Elections Division website will receive an email when the public comment period opens.

With the added week delay the soonest the Petitioners can gather the 88,184 signatures to qualify for the November ballot is now May 24th (keep in mind they'll need far more than 88,000 due to those that will be "thrown out" for errors). That only gives them FIVE or so weeks to gather signatures by the July 6th deadline. So you can see why impeding their progress makes it almost impossible to gather enough signatures. That is why everyone needs to submit a ballot title objection...this will further add to the delay in gathering signatures!

Again I urge everyone to sign up to receive the Election Divisions email alerts and submit your Ballot Title objections during the public comment period.

Here is the link to sign up for alerts from the SOS office if you like: Oregon Secretary of State Dennis Richardson

OFF is likely to be doing a lot of the work to defeat this, so please join them if you are not already a member. If you are a member, please consider making an additional donation to them.

Kevin said so many people have joined since these petitions have been filed that he has run out of books, hats, etc, the stuff they normally send you when you join. So if you join and have a long delay receiving these items, it's a good thing! Means many more
people have joined than they anticipated.

Good news that they've delayed themselves an additional week. All firearms owners must get involved in this election and get involved in the process. Let's all plan on blocking the way of those who desire to trample upon the Constitution and our Civil Rights.

Inaction=Complacency

Go and check your voter registration:
Welcome to ORESTAR !

A friend posted on FB that she had not voted in several years but went to register to defeat these ballot measures should they get that far. She found someone had registered in her name and had been voting Democrat.
Other people then went and found out that they were registered correctly, registered Democrat when they had not requested to be registered, or had their registration changed from Republican to Democrat. Not saying there is any organized funny business going on,
but it's certainly suspicious.
So check your registration so you can vote appropriately when the primaries come around.

Last Edited:
Go to and check your voter registration:
Welcome to ORESTAR !

A friend posted on FB that she had not voted in several years but went to register to defeat these ballot measures should they get that far. She found someone had registered in her name and had been voting Democrat.
Other people then went and found out that they were registered correctly, registered Democrat when they had not requested to be registered, or had their registration changed from Republican to Democrat. Not saying there is any organized funny business going on,
but it's certainly suspicious.
So check your registration so you can vote appropriately when the primaries come around.
Thanks for the link. Interesting that folks who hadn't registered are registered or mysteriously becam regesitered witha party affiliation other than their own.

Was actually thinking about this, perhaps changing party so I can help with the Democrat primaries :rolleyes:

Oathkeeper1775 , good to know you were there. I didn't recognize you if I saw you (been a long time), but it would have been great to chat.

Yep, I was front & center, wearing a hat to cut down on the glare...Cigars was three or four rows back.

OFIR had two petitions; I ask everyone on NWFA to get on the OFIR site and download/sign/mail in the two petitions; one is to end santuary status and the other is about voter ID.

OFIR - Oregonians for Immigration Reform | advocating environmentally sustainable immigration | illegal alien immigrant crime

If we must follow state laws, let's make Oregon follow federal laws..eh?

Last Edited:
Thanks for the link. Interesting that folks who hadn't registered are registered or mysteriously becam regesitered witha party affiliation other than their own.

Was actually thinking about this, perhaps changing party so I can help with the Democrat primaries :rolleyes:

Is there anyone in the D primary that stands any chance of actually bumping Kate Brown out? If so, I've not even heard a name mentioned. I'm assuming she's running pretty free and clear.

The 1A is about the government not allowing you free speech/filming. Doesn't necessarily apply to private organizations.

You were there. Yes I understand their fear of someone taping it and I respected their request and didn't film it. But the irony of the guy coming up and him telling his story about not being able to "film" something. Then have the person he is representing telling me I can't film is just hypocrisy. It was a public meeting and regardless of what side of the fence anyone should have been able to film. I do agree with you on the reasons on why they didn't want it filmed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top