JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What if you bought a gun post SB941, but sold it to a free man (private individual) in Idaho or some free state, would that be legal? They'd say "What was his name"? You'd say, I cannot recall - met him at a gun show - he paid cash - I didn't know him - we went outside and transferred the gun at my car - I have no idea what he was driving. They'd say which gun show, where? I don't recall the date. They'd say Where did you stay while on this trip? You'd say, I camped off of a FS road near the freeway in the Blue Mountains. Did you buy gas? Of course - I paid cash. Which gas station? I don't recall. Did you make any phone calls? Darndest thing - I forgot my phone when I left the house - pissed me off! :)

Find out today where the gun shows are held around Boise and get the story straight in your mind. Think of every in/out. Rehearse it over and over. :)

They have some way of tracing all the guns used in the mass shootings because they immediately announce where the gun was obtained, whether it was obtained legally, etc.

The way they can trace them is via paperwork by hand. Do I really believe that don't have some type of database, even if its only accessable in certain circumstances.. I really dont know. Would not surprise me.

From IP44, section 4 (4):

(4) Except in the case of a lawful act of self-defense or defense of another person, a minor may possesses a firearm the minor does not own only under the direct supervision of an adult.

Does this mean anyone under age 18 cannot go hunting or target shooting unless an adult is present?

From IP44 section 1:

SECTION 1. (1) A person who owns or possesses a firearm must secure the firearm with a trigger or cable lock engaged or in a locked container equipped with a tamper-resistant lock.
(3) (b) If the owner or possessor of a firearm violates subsection (1) of this section when the owner or possessor knew or should have known that a minor could gain unauthorized access to the firearm, the violation is a Class A violation.

So, if your 16 year old daughter gets home from school at 2 pm, all your guns are locked up legally, you get home from work at 6 pm, but she has a gun-lock key in case she needs them for self-defense, then you are guilty of a Class A violation (whatever that is) even if nothing bad happens? edit: Do the Oregon or US Constitutions have an age limit on the right to bear arms for self defense?

EDIT: Maybe the word "unauthorized" is the key here. If the parent authorized the daughter to access the guns when needed is the parent still guilty of a Class A violation?

Last Edited:
3 hours left to get your IP44 comments in. For IP43 comments, I sent mine via a PDF attachment - they only posted the PDF, not the email. That's good - hopefully it will work the same this time - will prevent hateful emails from antis. If you don't mind your email address being included, you can just write an email with no attachment. Street address not required. Name is required I think, but not a pen/pencil signature.

Send them to the AG at:

[email protected]

You can copy them to the SOS at:
[email protected]

and/or
[email protected]

I know we are all concerned about IP43, but IP 44 is the one they are trying to sneak in on us while we are distracted. Let's keep our eyes on both balls :eek:

Great article on why locking up our guns won't stop evil:
Locking guns won't do anything to save lives

Don't forget, though, that what they are selling is safe storage - what they are really after is making the victim of a crime (any gun owner) responsible for the actions of the thief for FIVE years after the event.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top