JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I am new to Vancouver WA.
Suppose I find a gun I want at a shop in Portland. How do I do the deal?
Would having a CCW have any bearing on the deal?
Thanks

You can buy the handgun from an out of state FFL dealer, but that FFL dealer would have to ship and transfer it to a FFL in your state of residence. You would then have that FFL complete the UBC, which will probably cost you $25-$50 for a transfer fee.

You may buy a long-gun in any state outside of your resident state, as long as it goes through a FFL. Private party transactions out of your state (even if UBC's are not a state requirement) are also required to go through an FFL.

You can buy the handgun from an out of state FFL dealer, but that FFL dealer would have to ship and transfer it to a FFL in your state of residence. You would then have that FFL complete the UBC, which will probably cost you $25-$50 for a transfer fee.

You may buy a long-gun in any state outside of your resident state, as long as it goes through a FFL. Private party transactions out of your state (even if UBC's are not a state requirement) are also required to go through an FFL.
So, unless the handgun is a rare gun or a helluva deal, it will be cheaper and less headache to to buy it on my side of the river.
Got it,
Thanks

If it's a pistol that is owned by an individual from Oregon, they can drive over the bridge and sell it to you in Vancouver, if they're agreeable.

If it's a pistol that is owned by an individual from Oregon, they can drive over the bridge and sell it to you in Vancouver, if they're agreeable.
That makes sense but if its an actual gun shop that has the pistol in question, then I assume that hoops must be jumped through.

Come over to Sporting Systems, in Downtown Vancouver, we may have it at a better price...or will perform your transfer. You won't be disappointed when you visit the store.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top