JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"There WILL be a reckoning on all this profiteering and it will not be gentlemanly, that is certain."

Profit is not a dirty word - except for communists and the like. People with something to sell are allowed to charge anything they please. The free market regulates prices automatically. It even takes into account potential customers getting annoyed about what they believe are "excessive" profits. Whenever government sticks their dirty nose into it, the first thing that happens is shortages appear, and you end up in lines looking to buy a loaf of bread.

There are always ways to game the system. The free market may be free, but it can be and is manipulated by private entities.

I am shaving once a week now. I have an electric razor when I was going to work. With my beard so long after one week I have to use razor with shave cream instead.

I am shaving once a week now. I have an electric razor when I was going to work. With my beard so long after one week I have to use razor with shave cream instead.
Be a man. Dry shave with a straight razor. :s0091: Than try to find enough toilet paper to stanch the blood flow.:s0140: Or just let it grow. :s0104:

A few more weeks and we will know every women's true hair color. My wife failed to understand my humor in this statement. :s0037:

From March 25th in the Funny Photo - Meme thread...
Hair color.JPG

I bought a Wahl hair trimmer back in 2012 and have trimmed my own hair since then. I also have a head blade that I use in warmer weather.

We like the Wahl brand.

The hair clippers that we bought were heavy duty ones with an electric cord.

I have owned 3 WAHL brand clippers in my life.

One that I gave to a friend back east before I moved.

Two out here.

If you take care of them, keep them clean and oil them on and off - they work great!

I used to trim my late husband's hair a bit on and off too. He usually liked his old fashioned BARBER SHOP in a tiny village close to our rural home.

He wore his hair super short - military cut (NOT a crew cut though.) with a side part. For a brief time between his USN Nam and around the world time with a break before his AIR NG Fighter Wing time including his NON .gov job - he had his hair a TINY bit longer like a Joe College cut.

Plus I already mentioned my home hair cuts in another post here.

A quality hair clipper set will pay for itself and they are NOT than expensive to begin with in my not so humble opinion.

Cate

Last Edited:
Electric razor works if you don't let it get too long.:rolleyes:
About every 3 days is good for me.:)
I tried a beard once and gave up. It just made my face look dirty.:(

Funny story about my late husband and when you mentioned 'dirty'.

His hair was BLOND but not super blond like my late Mom's before her hair got a bit darker. BLUE, blue eyes for both of them. Super straight hair on both of them. Straight like mine.

Between 2 military obligations, I talked him into growing a mustache just to SEE what it looked like on him. He did NOT like beards and I really did not care for them either. Well, my late husband shaved EVERY single day even if he did not have to shave every day.

One day, I looked at him really CLOSE and told him that he had some dirt around his top lip and he said that he was waiting for ME to notice that he was trying to grow a mustache! So he waited some more for it to GROW but he hated it and I did not like it because it just looked like DIRT above his lip. So OFF it came! His facial hair looked odd like dirt. So I understood what you wrote!

His blond hair turned SILVER gray/grey in his 40's and it was very nice looking.

Some men can look okay with a mustache and my late Dad had one that looked like Clark Gable's and he kind of looked like him a lot too.

I saw a few pictures of my MT husband as a YOUNG man and in a few pictures he had a mustache. He looked NICE with it but I have never seen him with one. He had it for a short time and shaved it off as a younger man. He can't stand beards and he never grew a beard. He does not care if other people want them. He shaves on a regular basis even though he is retired. He is pretty picky about a lot of things like my late husband was.

He even shaves on the morning he goes hunting! I can understand the shower but why shave BEFORE you go hunting?! He just laughs and says that it is his routine. His hunting buddy sometimes looks like he rolled out of bed, jumped out of the shower with wet hair, grabbed a cup of coffee and jumped into his hunting clothes! LOL

Cate

Why are people buying up all the Bolt Carrier Groups? It has resulted in just about every retailer raising their prices on BCGs.

Building up there own AR's due to market prices on built ones, or that they are lacking built inventory to buy, maybe?

Myself, "should" have bought "more" spare BCG's, but simply never got around to doing so. Holding off further now, as currently am reasonably "good" so far as spares are concerned.

No current build plans, however had thought on some future builds as a "perhaps". Still can, however would cut into having spare parts on hand.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews