JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Except for the fact that meat plants are shutting down. Migrant farm workers might not be able to get to the fields to harvest crops (this has been a problem for several years because Trump clamped down on the Mexican border, this year it may be worse). Food processing plants, who often rely on the same labor pool, may not have enough people to process the food.

We shall see. Don't take anything for granted - especially when you make sweeping statements about things you don't seem to understand from the perspective of someone who has worked in the industry.

As for common sense - people in glass houses...
I read somewhere (The Week, I think) that ICE is giving farm workers a pass as they are now considered Essential.
To be honest I agree with that call. hide.gif

I read somewhere (The Week, I think) that ICE is giving farm workers a pass as they are now considered Essential.
To be honest I agree with that call. View attachment 683196
I read that too that they were going to turn a blind eye to it for now as they sure need those people. I have never had a problem with that either. It's when they start to bring families here and learn how to abuse the welfare system, get a drivers license but of course no insurance, then start being told to Vote I get real tired of it all.

I read that too that they were going to turn a blind eye to it for now as they sure need those people. I have never had a problem with that either. It's when they start to bring families here and learn how to abuse the welfare system, get a drivers license but of course no insurance, then start being told to Vote I get real tired of it all.

Take the good with the bad. While I have often praised migrant laborers for their work ethic, I am not blind to the other side of the immigration issues either. But one has to think, what causes that? Assimilation into our culture and its environment? Where those of us that are here do the same thing, whether immigrated or not? We need the labor in those jobs, but to get that cheap labor, we conversely accept the bad with the good. Our political and societal system encourages that abuse - politicians, bureaucrats, the system itself encourages it.

My Wife mentioned this to me. She saw it and laid in a supply before the shelves emptied. To me it's just a sad reminder of how stupid the population can be. When this first started Wife and I went to the store several times to marvel at it all. One day all the eggs are gone. Like how long do people think they can store those? One day the dry dog food isle in wiped out? I several times made the joke at work. You could go to a store, find something no one wanted, fill a cart with it and walk around and soon everyone in the store would clean out that area. People start to panic and their brains just shut off.
Now this is going to be fun to watch for a while. Bankruptcy will go through the roof. Between all the jobs lost that will never come back, the commercial property that will sit empty, and now the people who filled their home with "stuff", all bought on a credit card. Now they can't take the stuff back, no one will buy it from them, and they have to start making payments after they lost their jobs. When this is over history will have fun with this one. Showing just how right Barnum was when he said you will never go broke betting on human stupidity. :eek:

Well Said Sir! This sums it up better than anything I have read.

Eggs store pretty well. Store bought eggs, not AS well compared to fresh. As they are more towards the end of there best by.

Even then fine to use beyond there Best Buy dating if you check. Float test is simplest, good eggs should sink or just stand but not float to the top in water.

Long term sailboat folks would coat them in Vaseline or cooking oil, and they'd be good for a very long time (months), just turning them daily.

Plus you can crack them into cups, baggies, whathave you & freeze them. Stick them in spare freezer space.

Same goes for freezing milk, for folks who have extra freezer space & drink a bunch, and want to extend out standard shopping trips.
Townsends on youtoobs did a great bit on this a ways back. Pack them in a slaked lime solution and the claim is they can be stored at room temp for up to 2 years. I'd pop the top after a couple months personally but for laying in a stock (heh) it's a thought.

A lady I know. Let's just call her, Honey, came to me in a panic before this all kicked off. She said they discontinued her hair color. Logically I said, just get the next similar color, apparently like a fool. After an afternoon of name calling and Amazon searches I found and ordered over a years supply. I don't even recall what it cost, as if it mattered. But now every time she colors her hair and goes thru all the hot water, she never says anything but we both know who saved the day on that one.

Townsends on youtoobs did a great bit on this a ways back. Pack them in a slaked lime solution and the claim is they can be stored at room temp for up to 2 years. I'd pop the top after a couple months personally but for laying in a stock (heh) it's a thought.

That's a different method, for similar to hard boil, I think.

Coating the shells (Vaseline/oil), gives you a standard uncooked egg.

I can truthfully say that there has been absolutely ZERO panic buying of guns here in yUK.

Bearing in mind that you would likely have to have started your 'panic' anything between 10 and 40 weeks in advance, you can see why that might be so.

What HAS come to the fore are the people who are profiteering at a level that has astounded even the politicians - yup, hard to imagine, but it IS so!!!

Example of a local pharmacy here selling hand-wash at five times the pre-coronavirus rate. Needless to say, he has been named and shamed in the local FB and press, and people have long memories out here in the fens - it would not amaze me if he and his family found a need to move on afterwards.

However, what is worserer than that is the case of a nursing home where a number of residents have died, and the professional care-givers there are finding it easier to live in pro tem, and try and buy their own PPE, albeit at ten times the former prices.

There WILL be a reckoning on all this profiteering and it will not be gentlemanly, that is certain.

I tried to find some hair clippers over the weekend. One store told me they had 8 earlier requests that same week.

What got me is I have a pair of clippers. They were working. I let my daughter use them ... now I find they don't' work. Coincidence? Some double-secret hidden enable charging switch - like one of those Nintendo codes?

TH,

Pre-zactly!

My wife won't do it though, no matter what I do to persuade her.

A couple nights ago were watching a movie and this astoundingly, beautiful, bald woman was on it.

So natch, I eagerly pointed out it out with a see, see, see and she just rolled her eyes at me...

Her hair is beginning to look like a bale of unkept hay...bald would be a vast improvement.

TH,

Pre-zactly!

My wife won't do it though, no matter what I do to persuade her.

A couple nights ago were watching a movie and this astoundingly, beautiful, bald woman was on it.

So natch, I eagerly pointed out it out with a see, see, see and she just rolled her eyes at me...

Her hair is beginning to look like a bale of unkept hay...bald would be a vast improvement.

What I found as an absolute turn on for many women was an offer to brush her hair for her.

I bought a Wahl hair trimmer back in 2012 and have trimmed my own hair since then. I also have a head blade that I use in warmer weather.

You can keep yer beards. Just shave your heads and move on. I made my...choice several years ago. Uh, it's ain't so bald, I mean, bad once you get used to it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews