JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Wife mentioned this to me. She saw it and laid in a supply before the shelves emptied. To me it's just a sad reminder of how stupid the population can be. When this first started Wife and I went to the store several times to marvel at it all. One day all the eggs are gone. Like how long do people think they can store those? One day the dry dog food isle in wiped out? I several times made the joke at work. You could go to a store, find something no one wanted, fill a cart with it and walk around and soon everyone in the store would clean out that area. People start to panic and their brains just shut off.
Now this is going to be fun to watch for a while. Bankruptcy will go through the roof. Between all the jobs lost that will never come back, the commercial property that will sit empty, and now the people who filled their home with "stuff", all bought on a credit card. Now they can't take the stuff back, no one will buy it from them, and they have to start making payments after they lost their jobs. When this is over history will have fun with this one. Showing just how right Barnum was when he said you will never go broke betting on human stupidity. :eek:

Wonder if the next phase will be actual food shortages?
No, producers are throwing stuff away that they can no longer sell. We produce enough food to feed us many times over. This is the only time in the history of the world that those in "severe poverty" die from stuffing too much food in their face all damn day. We are not going to run out of food. Too bad we long ago started to run out of people who have any common sense though. Gene pool really needs some cleaning here. Natural selection needs to be allowed to work again. :s0140:

No, producers are throwing stuff away that they can no longer sell. We produce enough food to feed us many times over. This is the only time in the history of the world that those in "severe poverty" die from stuffing too much food in their face all damn day. We are not going to run out of food. Too bad we long ago started to run out of people who have any common sense though. Gene pool really needs some cleaning here. Natural selection needs to be allowed to work again. :s0140:

Except for the fact that meat plants are shutting down. Migrant farm workers might not be able to get to the fields to harvest crops (this has been a problem for several years because Trump clamped down on the Mexican border, this year it may be worse). Food processing plants, who often rely on the same labor pool, may not have enough people to process the food.

We shall see. Don't take anything for granted - especially when you make sweeping statements about things you don't seem to understand from the perspective of someone who has worked in the industry.

As for common sense - people in glass houses...

Except for the fact that meat plants are shutting down. Migrant farm workers might not be able to get to the fields to harvest crops (this has been a problem for several years because Trump clamped down on the Mexican border, this year it may be worse). Food processing plants, who often rely on the same labor pool, may not have enough people to process the food.

We shall see. Don't take anything for granted - especially when you make sweeping statements about things you don't seem to understand from the perspective of someone who has worked in the industry.

As for common sense - people in glass houses...
Let the price come up a little and there will be food aplenty. Meanwhile the sky is falling crowd will still keep running around screaming the sky is falling. Nothing ever changes. As soon as the plants re open they will find some new thing that is surely to be the end of us all to scream about. Never forget, "We're all going to perish" because of what might happen. <shrug> I guess it keeps a lot of people getting up in the morning to turn on the news and find out what they are going to die from next week since this weeks did not get them. :s0140::s0140:

...One day all the eggs are gone. Like how long do people think they can store those?...

Eggs store pretty well. Store bought eggs, not AS well compared to fresh. As they are more towards the end of there best by.

Even then fine to use beyond there Best Buy dating if you check. Float test is simplest, good eggs should sink or just stand but not float to the top in water.

Long term sailboat folks would coat them in Vaseline or cooking oil, and they'd be good for a very long time (months), just turning them daily.

Plus you can crack them into cups, baggies, whathave you & freeze them. Stick them in spare freezer space.

Same goes for freezing milk, for folks who have extra freezer space & drink a bunch, and want to extend out standard shopping trips.

My wife told me I should have gotten a hair cut before all the barbers shut down. I told her that my son and I were going to grow pony tails. She failed to see the humor in this also. :s0037:

Awww, no more hair coloring for your mouth muffs. :s0161:

999999-11509011633.jpg

6d7bae8288c6c4123a9a96b4f61a02c4f5a06416.gif

Last Edited:
I cut my own STRAIGHT hair not just my bangs and have for years on end. I used to have a male hair cutter on the East Coast, a female hair cutter in farm/lake country - Great Lakes region and I tried a few out HERE who I did not care for.

I wear my super straight hair, simple, short and plain AND I did this hair cutting at home deal when I wore it at a medium length too.

What I can't reach - I ask my MT husband to CUT IT with scissors and a clipper set using a guard. He used to tell me that he could NOT do that since he was afraid that he could SCREW IT UP. I told him that my late husband told me the same thing but he got over the FEAR of cutting hair in a simple manner!

So I tell him what I want him to cut, look in the mirror, he cuts it with a scissor or the clipper, I look again and we CHECK the length and cut all over again several times and it looks just as NICE as when a male or female barber or salon cuts it according to how I WANT it to look.

I never had a perm in my life. I never colored my hair.

I don't get my nails done up. Hands or toes. Let me do my own nails!

That NAIL STUFF that some women do CREEPS ME OUT. Plus I think that a lot of it is down right UGLY, cheap looking and how can they keep those LONG fake or real nails CLEAN?! Eeewww. Disgusting!

I can use a nail brush, soap and water in the shower (Always in the shower!) or kitchen/bathroom sink in a hurry.

If and when I ever USED to use a OLD FASHIONED NAIL buff brush on my nails or a pale color on them MANY moons ago - I did my own nails. I rarely ever colored my nails in my life too. Once in a blue moon. Most of the time - I threw the polish away due to rotation and keeping clean stock. So 2 PALE and natural colors got dumped.

So many females at any age are so used to putting ALL OF THAT CRAPOLA - tons of make up on their faces and bodies where they THINK it will make them look better only it makes them look worse and it RUINS good, clean and healthy SKIN. Some of them try to LOOK NATURAL with their makeup only the natural look makes them look UN-natural! LOL Or they look like some vampire with some Goth Look or whatever the H they call that look or they just look like some Holly-weird cheap actor/actress.

Now the PC MASS MEDIA people promote MEN WEARING MAKEUP too. Eeewww and some women LIKE that stuff. Metro men or some other PC name. In the regular news, some mags, on the boob tube, etc.

Then some WOMEN go and RUIN their hair trying to make it LOOK like something else with dyes, spray, goop, curly perms, straighteners, etc.

Old Lady Cate who tried to have a flip hairdo once (Ala Mary Tyler Moore?) or twice in the 60's and my FLIP flopped - fell down and I threw the 4 to 6 rollers away and I NEVER LOOKED BACK! MY idea of using a HAIR ACCESSORY is a bobby pin if my bangs need a hair cut. So I will use a booby pin when home but not out in public. LOL When Peter, Paul and Mary were popular and some straight hair was in VOGUE in the 60's - I was asked if I ironed my hair. I said that it GREW straight out of my head which was true.

As far as MEN go - A MAN should look like a MAN and he can cut his hair at a barber, salon or at home. Keep it clean, shiny and get a haircut!

Can you tell that I was NEVER a hippy/dippy?! LOL

Cate

PS:

I will say that SOME not all American Indian men do look nice with clean, shiny, natural HAIR worn in a braid or in a pony tail AWAY from hanging all over their faces too.

It depends on the MAN.

MOST men look better with a simple - clean military cut, Joe College or some HAIR CUT like that in my opinion. I do realize that opinions are like belly buttons and we all have them.

Old Lady Cate

No mention of guns/ammo

I saw that on the news online the other day and my husband and I got a BIG laugh out of it.

PLUS he told me that most of the commercials on OTA - FREE tv are talking about people STAYING AT HOME and how they with deal with the PROPAGANDA - DISEASE - STAY AT HOME THINGS that people need to do even if it has NOTHING to do with basic survival, healthy eating, cleanliness, etc.

BUYING clothes, new underwear, all kinds of STUFF, etc. ONLINE. I agreed with him since I noticed the same things.

PLUS the .gov commercials are more frequent now too. They are not just a rare or odd thing to see OTA now. THROW in the ANTI GUN commercials where some MAN needs to have his gun/guns taken away so he can have a BREAK in his high stress life.

My husband just sees a BIT of this even before he turns it ALL OFF, changes the station or mutes it and he SCREAMS at some commercials and the news. This is NOT him relating to this VIRUS STUFF - he just hates STUPID crapola, stupid people and a lot of R and L propaganda.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR