JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Our InstaPot also has an air fryer lid that replaces the pressure cooking lid. My daughter got a couple of them for free to try and gave us one.
It has a basket and spacer that fit in the pot for doing fries and stuff like battered shrimp etc...

works pretty good although the capacity is limited.

@RicInOR you might enjoy these 'sauce jars'. Put the sauce jar and 1/4 water into the Instant Pot, stir it a bit, add about 2 lbs of beef or pork, stir a bit to coat the meat, cook. Boom done.

The Barbacoa and Pibil sauces have nice, earthy flavors.

I like just throwing a bunch of good stuff in and a bunch of good stuff comes out. My personal favorite is rice and beans. Two parts beans, one rice, three times as much water. Dirt cheap and nutritious. I think I remember you're not supposed to add salt until after as it increases the cook time. With dry beans, it's about an hour from turning on to in your bowl.

I like just throwing a bunch of good stuff in and a bunch of good stuff comes out. My personal favorite is rice and beans. Two parts beans, one rice, three times as much water. Dirt cheap and nutritious. I think I remember you're not supposed to add salt until after as it increases the cook time. With dry beans, it's about an hour from turning on to in your bowl.
That was the first thing I learned to use Wife's for. Love to make a pot of ham and beans now and then. Wife is kind of take it or leave it on these. So I will toss in a batch, it just makes them. Have some while hot then freeze some for later. Its just so damn easy and fast compared to the old way.

1- buy cheapest ham (the one with a lot of bone)
2- trim off just the real nice solid meat chunks for sammiches
3- place still meaty bone in Instapot and cover with water, cook for 30 min.
4- let cool and remove the meat (which will now almost drop off) set aside.
5- put now bare bone back in the Instapot with the original cooking water
6- cook bone for 1more hour (then remove bone and toss, still saving liquid.
7- pour liquid into large pot/bowl picking out any scraps of meat then pour strained broth back into the pressure cooker and use it to pressure cook pinto beans for 30 minutes. Let pressure off (I place a cloth over the escaping steam)
8- test beans (they'll probably need another 30 min) add 1 cup brown sugar(packed), 1 Tblsp vinegar, 1tsp mapleine, mix, and add all the reserved ham scraps, if more liquid is needed add water. and then pressure cook to finish.

yields a whoooole lotta pork 'n' beans, put extra into containers they freeze well
(those ham scraps have miraculously turned into lean bacon chunks!) :s0155:

Last Edited:
Hawaiian Kaula Pork

1. Pork butt from costco,. one of the small ones so it fits in the instapot
2. Cup or two of water
3. tablespoon of liquid smoke
4. salt to taste.

Pressure cook it for 2-5 hours depending on size. Basically until it shreds easily.

Save several cups of the broth, shred the pork and put back in the instapot on warm. add more salt or liquid smoke to flavor. careful the liquid smoke is bitter if you add to much. Add back the broth and mix it up good.

Now the Kaula pork can be used for so much.
  1. saute up some cabbage with olive oil salt and pepper, add some kaula pork and serve over rice.
  2. Replace chicken with the kalua pork in some Filipino pancit
  3. Fry up some kalua pork in a saute pan with some sage and you have breakfast pork that goes with everything breakfast
  4. Use the kaula pork to make breakfast burritos (sauté cubed potatoes, onions, red pepper, scrambled eggs, kalua pork, add a little Alabama white sauce and fold it up in a tortilla.)
It just goes good with everything.

Now it tastes a lot better when cooked in an underground imu all day, but the instapot is a bit easier

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top