JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Happy with it, I know it's not the high security type, made in China, but I like the features and it meets our needs. Couple of trips to the hardware store and she's bolted down solid. LED lighting, ran wire for dehumidifier (rod type), supposedly EMP-proof lock with backup. Over 400# empty.

IMG_20200110_162609872.jpg

Looks good. A good safe is a must for firearms IMO. I have a Liberty that weighs around 900# empty! :eek:

Nice. As with having a gun for home or carry, any safe beats no safe. None of them will stop a pro with tools. The idea is to make your stuff less attractive to the smash and grab dopers. Best of all if someone does break into it and your gun ends up at a crime? You can show they had to not only break into your home but, also a safe.

SteelWater, that's the brand you can remove the hinge pins with two fingers.
I was going to ignore your reply, but I thought I would respond not to defend my purchase, but to call you out on what seems to be so popular today...spreading misinformation. Upon examining the hinges I discovered that by removing a cosmetic cap I could see down into the hinge itself. The hinge pins are totally encased in heavy gauge steel with absolutely no way to remove them without drilling. So there you go.

Gun safes are an absolute must in my opinion. Especially if you are an enthusiast and own more than 2 guns.

I too started with an inexpensive safe, in time perhaps, you too will upgrade.

I was going to ignore your reply, but I thought I would respond not to defend my purchase, but to call you out on what seems to be so popular today...spreading misinformation. Upon examining the hinges I discovered that by removing a cosmetic cap I could see down into the hinge itself. The hinge pins are totally encased in heavy gauge steel with absolutely no way to remove them without drilling. So there you go.
I suspect what you are seeing there is a way to lube the hinge, drop of oil in there then put the cap back. I can't tell for sure but my best guess is the door drops on the hinge pins from above. In other words if needed you can take the door off but, it has to be open for you to do this. The way the top and bottom bolts are even if someone cut the entire hinge off top and bottom the door will not open until they got the locking bolts to retract.
So for what it is, a way to make your guns harder to get, it's just what the doctor ordered :D
You can add to that an alarm system these days that is very cheap and stupid easy to install if desired too. Looks like a nice safe to me, enjoy the added piece of mind:)

Gun safes are an absolute must in my opinion. Especially if you are an enthusiast and own more than 2 guns.

I too started with an inexpensive safe, in time perhaps, you too will upgrade.
I hear you, but it's kind of funny that you say "inexpensive". And I know it's true, but $850 was quite a bit of money for me to spend in order to protect three or four guns. I realize it takes $2-3K for a quality security safe.

I hear you, but it's kind of funny that you say "inexpensive". And I know it's true, but $850 was quite a bit of money for me to spend in order to protect three or four guns. I realize it takes $2-3K for a quality security safe.
Lol, I know it sounds weird, but the truth is, real fire protection and especially theft protection do not start until your into the thousands.

My first safe was always inside the home. Bolted to the floor. With a home security system. So I had layers of security. It only boasted a modest 30 minute fire rating too. So, in reality, it was more of a "peace of mind" safe rather than a "safe" safe.

The second is also in the house, but it started its life as a garage safe. So security became more of a priority.

As anyone buys more guns, gear, jewelry, gold and etc. Youll realize that the contents of the safe are far more expensive than the safe itself, then one starts questioning the safes worthiness to protect.

Everyone looks at this a little different. For me? I have never owned this many guns at one time in my life. Due to the new laws making selling one not worth the hassle. So have a safe. May need a bigger one soon. :) I am not going to spend a few K for one. This is why I pay for insurance. It would cover part of the loss if the place burned to the ground. Alarm systems are super cheap and easy now. Finally pulled the trigger and got one. So another layer of protection. Could guns get gone still? Of course. Would I cry if they did? No. I would be heading out to the store to shop. You did the "right thing" and you did it well. Enjoy the guns and the piece of mind that they are harder to get now than those who have them in a glass case or a closet. :D

Congrats on your first safe, understanding that bigger and better safes are in your future. It's the natural progression, as has been posted, you begin questioning the safes real value as the value of the contents rises. The other problem, thy safe will fill up mush faster than you anticipated...

I've heard a lot of people bad mouthing the electronic locks, seems some are sensitive to certain combinations of numbers. Would you mind sharing what numbers you have found work well with your new safe?:s0062:

Its good to have safe storage, congrats on the new safe.:s0139:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top