JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought I would share with you guys my story on my APL.

So I bought an Inforce APL for my S&W M&P9 at the beginning of November. I am all excited when it arrives and immediately install it on my M&P. It seems a little looser than I would like so I put a little more tension on the screw... POP. Screw snaps about 1 thread short of the nut. I pull the screw out and examine, okay, well maybe I have enough threads to get it to still work or maybe I can get the other end out and just find a replacement screw. I punch the shaped nut out of the other side and find that it is not possible.

So I contact Inforce, via email, requesting a nut and screw. They tell me I must ship the entire light back because the "Engineers have determined it is more complicated than just a nut and screw." This puzzles me because, it's just a nut and screw... So I call and talk to a very polite lady there. I explain I'm not a complete moron. That I have already removed the pressed in shaped nut and if they just send me replacements I can re-install and be more gentle. She agrees and says she will have them shipped out. Awesome. 1 week goes by and I get nothing. I am literally typing the number in my phone when I get an email (the cosmos were turning or something) from Inforce explaining the "Engineers" are demanding I send it in, but they DO provide a shipping label. Feeling defeated I ship my light in.

Three weeks later... (granted one of these was short due to Turkey Day) I call asking whats going on and where is my light. The lady from before asks if I installed my light on an M&P or a Glock 19. I respond in the affirmative that it was an M&P. She explains that some of the lights were improperly sized and they are ordering new extended screws to fix the issue but, they are waiting on these to arrive, approx a week or two.

I'm kind of irritated, but not much I can do at this point. Anyway, so here I am, waiting for my light to return, perhaps Santa will smile upon me.

IMAG0123_zpse9woff8a.jpg
IMAG0119_1_zpskehgz5og.jpg
IMAG0116_zpstrk299lz.jpg

Still haven't got it back. For the week or so I had it it appeared to be a great light. I'm sure once I get it with proper mounting ability it will be a great light. 9 days later though and still no light. Kinda ridiculous.

UPDATE! Or rather a lack of update. Called Inforce today, they are still waiting on the "new and re-engineered screws." Said it would be at least another week before they mailed it out. I explained to them I bought my light nearly 2 months ago and this was ridiculous. Lady just said sorry and that was it. Next time I'll buy a Streamlight.

UPDATE! Or rather a lack of update. Called Inforce today, they are still waiting on the "new and re-engineered screws." Said it would be at least another week before they mailed it out. I explained to them I bought my light nearly 2 months ago and this was ridiculous. Lady just said sorry and that was it. Next time I'll buy a Streamlight.

Dang, I am sorry too hear that Norm.

Are you going to ask for a refund or wait it out for the new screws?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top