JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read they are filming a new Indiana Jones picture that will be released in 2021, with a 77 year old Ford reprising his role as the titular fictional archaeologist. I liked the first three movies and the Young series in which the aforementioned character meets all kinds of people in history. But it is kind of a stretch to put out another. At least in my humble opinion. Is Hollywood officially out of original ideas? :confused::s0013:

P.S. At least the new one is guaranteed Shia Labeouf free.

It's not only sad, it's pathetic.

The best era for films was generally late 70s to late 90s. Massive creativity, massive advances in practical effects with just a little help from computers to round out the edges. It was the era that produced the best actors of every genre without question. Legendary and super charismatic actors playing roles in fantastic innovative scripts and films.

Is there a single actor who can hold a flame to Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, Sigourney Weaver, Al Pacino, Robert Deniro, Linda Hamilton, Stallone, Swarzenegger, Kurt Russell, Robin Williams, Bill Murray, Bill Paxton, and the other dozens of mega stars of that era?? I doubt it. Modern actors are generally just wallflowers with no personality who stand in front of a green screen and recite lines. The best actors in the best films hands down and with few exceptions.

Hollywood is totally out of ideas. Remakes and redos and reboots galore, none of which are nearly as good as the originals in any category.

Has Hollywood improved upon any of their reboots? No, in my opinion. Every one is worse, or certainly not as good or better. Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Terminator, Aliens, Mad Max, Predator, The Thing, Rocky, and so forth... all modern stuff is generally either terrible or barely watchable.

PC and woke "culture" has no sense of humor, no sense of adventure, no idea of history....
... this makes them incapable of creative movie making.

:rolleyes: But.... it WILL end up giving us; gay superman, a black Patton, female Captain Ahab, a Communist Churchill, Adolph Jefferson and the humor of an Islamic Mel Brooks.
I can hear Patsy Henrietta now, " Give me a facemask, or give me CornaVirus ! "

Thought the entertainment industry was totally out of ideas? Well, they are putting out a lego Star Wars episode patterned after the crime against humanity know as the Star Wars Holiday Special.* What the hell?! :s0076:

Let's at least hope it is Jefferson Starship free. :p

uploads%252Fcard%252Fimage%252F1449299%252Fdf1a742a-84b7-4312-8813-ea597fa447bc.webp%252F950x534__filters%253Aquality%252880%2529.webp

Would be pretty cool if they kind of followed the 3rd film in how they had Sean Connery play the Older Jones. Could be cool now that we know Jones Jr. has a Son, so Ford could take the Older Jones role and get some one good to play the new role! Agreed, it needs to be believable and well played!
Like the Rocky films where Stallone had the good sense to take on the mentor role vs trying to remain the action hero. After a misstep with Tommy Morrison in Rocky (4? 5? whatever)Creed seems like a pretty solid way to keep the franchise going without becoming a punchline.
(see what I did there?)
I think Harrison Ford could probably mumble his way through at least one more Indie flick as the elder statesman but it'll have to be a solid action movie with script and plot. Big difference between Indiana Jones and Rocky vs Star Wars is that the main characters ARE the franchise, there's no universe to fall back on... when they're gone, they're gone. Passing the torch to a credible replacement is vital to its survival.

That said, I could hardly GAF if Hollywood broke-off and fell into the sea forever. Or went bankrupt. Bowing to the mob and the CCP has a downside too, stoopids.

Is Hollywood officially out of original ideas? :confused::s0013:
Let's not forget.....there's a writer's strike going on, too.

I saw the new movie the other day when it opened.
I had heard replacing Ford this time around was a consideration, because they thought he might be too old to play the part, but he wanted to do it and felt he could, so they went with him.
After all, after John Wayne playing a cowboy, and Clint Eastwood's "Man-with-no-name", I don't think there a more iconic actor/character combination than Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones.
I thought it was nice that the story reflected his advancing years. I felt the whole film was done with a rather deft touch, concerning an aging Jones and the underlying theme of Youthful Zest vs. The Wisdom of Experience.
I really liked the character of Helena Shaw, too. I couldn't help but notice the parallels between her life and Indy's. After the movie was over, I also couldn't help but think that she may have been, very gently, possibly being proposed as a female replacement for Ford, for future installments of the franchise.
Either way, I felt the character/casting of her was MUCH better than "Mutt" from the last film (apologies to Shia LeBeouf, but that was just a mistake. Plain and simple).
The reintroduction of John-Rhys Davies was done very well, too. It was a nice nod to Raiders without being pedantic or simply beating us over the head with it.
If you're on the fence, be assured, it's a fun movie and worth the admission of a matinee....or wait for it to come out on Netflix.

It's out, it's woke, and it's failing. To be fair, lots of big movies are not performing as well as expected, but it's really sucking hind tit.

Here's my review nobody asked for… Honestly, I saw it as well. If you aren't a diehard fan, maybe worth waiting for it to come out on streaming and watch it from your couch. I went in reading bad reviews from some of my favorite (right leaning anti-woke albeit) critics and news sources- so bar was on the floor going in. I honestly really enjoyed it though. The first 20 minutes of the film were fantastic in my opinion. Yes, Harrison Ford is clearly too old to play the role and it shows- there arent too many scenes with him moving a lot. BUT- the lead female character in the movie really doesn't constantly save his bubblegum- she doesn't feel like the all powerful female coming in to the save the day- in fact, she has a lot of flaws and is even kind of a scumbag. The only overtly 'woke' comment in the movie was one quick BS quip about capitalism- that DID irk me- but it was so fast that I didn't think anything of it. If anything, this movie is more about an aging hero rediscovering his passion, than a weak old man being saved by a strong woman- which is what I thought it was going to be. Conservative media and critics are (rightfully so) at war with Disney right now- BUT this movie does not deserve the flak that it is getting… At least IMO.

Jason

Last Edited:
No, I saw that and because of it I'd never watch it.
That was a bit of an overblown review, if you ask me.
I say, give it a shake and judge for yourself.
...however...
If you prefer for it to come out on a streaming format (or maybe one of the pirate movie sites and watch it for free), that's a perfectly acceptable option, as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top