JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I read they are filming a new Indiana Jones picture that will be released in 2021, with a 77 year old Ford reprising his role as the titular fictional archaeologist. I liked the first three movies and the Young series in which the aforementioned character meets all kinds of people in history. But it is kind of a stretch to put out another. At least in my humble opinion. Is Hollywood officially out of original ideas? :confused::s0013:

P.S. At least the new one is guaranteed Shia Labeouf free.

Interesting. Of course Ill see it.. as Ive seen the others.. Im invested at this point. But you're right.. they are cheaply and unoriginally cashing in on nostalgia.

Their other angle these days is simply swapping out male characters from past beloved movies for female ones.. Hollywood and their pandering ruins films.

Im all for believability with a well written story.. but remakes, gender/identity politic pandering and weak scripts are ruining movies.

I also tire of seeing old ideas drug back out in the movies. Especially when its just a money grab based on the people who will automatically go see it because they grew up watching Indiana Jones, or Rocky, or
Rambo, or the Terminator, etc.

I don't know what's worse. Dragging an old character out of mothballs with the original actor who is equally old and tired, or seeing some current hollywood idiot butcher it.

Interesting. Of course Ill see it.. as Ive seen the others.. Im invested at this point. But you're right.. they are cheaply and unoriginally cashing in on nostalgia.

Their other angle these days is simply swapping out male characters from past beloved movies for female ones.. Hollywood and their pandering ruins films.

Im all for believability with a well written story.. but remakes, gender/identity politic pandering and weak scripts are ruining movies.

The next 007 is a black female. That will be interesting. I didn't watch the films because of the 007 title. I watched them because they were James Bond films.

Their other angle these days is simply swapping out male characters from past beloved movies for female ones.

That reminds me of the new Ghostbusters film. There was a bunch of hubbub about it because the characters were recast as women. That didn't bother me in the least, but the film was so bad, I stopped watching it midway through. Essentially laugh free, stupid story, zero subtlety, and Kate McKinnon chewed the scenery every time on screen. Just a terrible film reboot all around.

Would be pretty cool if they kind of followed the 3rd film in how they had Sean Connery play the Older Jones. Could be cool now that we know Jones Jr. has a Son, so Ford could take the Older Jones role and get some one good to play the new role! Agreed, it needs to be believable and well played!

Or a more thoughtful take, less action, more subtlety where the older Jones relies more on wisdom than a whip, but still with a shoots the swordsman side.

Why, did he die in the last one? I wouldn't know because I don't watch movies with that dork in it.

I don't know; I didn't watch that one. My wife said it was such garbage to not bother. And, agreed, Labeouf is my least favorite actor. His performance in Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps was wince-inducing.

That reminds me of the new Ghostbusters film. There was a bunch of hubbub about it because the characters were recast as women. That didn't bother me in the least, but the film was so bad, I stopped watching it midway through. Essentially laugh free, stupid story, zero subtlety, and Kate McKinnon chewed the scenery every time on screen. Just a terrible film reboot all around.

Thats what Im sayin, if the film is well scripted the new "cast" wouldn't bother me because at least it would have some quality .. but the typical theme now is to rush a film, have a poorly made script and force identity politics and alike jokes into the new re-gendered movie. And they keep cranking that stuff out like its the new norm

Just cheap pandering which IMO is ruining film.

Thats what Im sayin, if the film is well scripted the new "cast" wouldn't bother me because at least it would have some quality .. but the typical theme now is to rush a film, have a poorly made script and force identity politics and alike jokes into the new re-gendered movie. And they keep cranking that stuff out like its the new norm

Just cheap pandering which IMO is ruining film.

I hear you. Truth be told, starting around the early 2000s (2003-2005) I dramatically stopped watching new pictures because so many were just garbage. Not all, of course, just a huge percentage. Now I go years without seeing a new release.I think the most recent film I saw was Rogue One and only because my wife is mega Star Wars fan. I have to admit, it wasn't bad.

Sequels/prequels, remakes and superhero movies is all that gets made these days. Pretty much all garbage.

I never, ever, even when young, got what the superhero appeal is. As a genre, it is completely lost on me. To each their own, of course, but I'd rather be at work than watching one of those films.

Nobody wants to see a geriatric adventurer. Not exactly a prime candidate for great action sequences. Instead of a whip,I suppose he could always cane the badguys to death?

Nobody wants to see a geriatric adventurer. Not exactly a prime candidate for great action sequences. Instead of a whip,I suppose he could always cane the badguys to death?

Don't underestimate us "geriatric" folks. He's only one year older than I am and I ranch anywhere from 12 to 16 hours a day. Also, even though I'm the owner/boss, when I parcel out the daily duties I take the hard/heavy jobs on myself. Some of us geezers might just surprise you...

ROLA - among the best action films, actors, acting performances, story, arc, and musical scores. A+
TOD - above average, silly at times, with annoying characters and dumb scenes and plot devices. Forgettable. C
LC - great film, acting, action, etc. Solid B.
Crystal Skull - franchise ruining absolute garbage that represents all that is wrong with Hollywood. Fail. F.

Harrison Ford still remains among my favorite actors having reprised 3 of my all-time favorite big screen characters (Jones, Deckard, Solo).

I feel a well-done 5th film if done well is needed to erase the garbage of the 4th. If it's just another garbage film, skip it.

Prediction: Jones will (surprise!) have a long-lost daughter who drags him with her while she takes on evil corporate polluters while searching for the Lost Talisman of Nabu in Africa, where she will defeat the main Bad Guy, a large, pale man by utilizing fight moves of dubious physics. She will be given the whip by a dying Indiana, which she will use for the first time as if she's had it all her life (the ability is hereditary! Who knew?) and use it to help her steal the talisman back from the Bad Guy's corporate masters only to return it to the tribal elders in order to save their village from climate change.

See! The script almost writes itself!

I thought IJ drank from the holy grail in the Last Crusade? Why is he old?:s0092:
He crossed the Seal? Seems the Grail only conferred long life if the Knight didn't leave.... but the Young IJ seried I believe had him as an old guy way past his natural life... could be nice to revisit that plot line... in the Last Crusade; it was mentioned that one of the three Knights died at an old age of 150 or so years... in a time when people routinely died in their 50s.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top