Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

In the pawn shop today

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by james83, Apr 28, 2011.

1. james83

james83 beaverton oregon I'am feeling fat and sassy

So I was in the local pawn shop this morning killing sometime before work, I was playing around with a Smith&Wesson M&P45. Im not a huge fan of plastic frame pistols but I've gotta say this one feels real nice in the hand.
    Anyone on here own or have owned one of these? just looking for peoples opinions in general as everything i know about these pistols i've learned in the last 20 minutes online.
    They were asking $549 for the gun with factory hardcase and 1 spare magazine

-james83

2. absoluterik07

absoluterik07 Salem, OR Member

Never owned one but if it was used $550 is a little steep. I agree though, they feel great and the interchangeable backstraps is an added plus for an already good feeling gun. See if you can rent one at a local range and make sure you like it. I've never shot anything larger than a .40 out of a polymer gun so I'd be interested in how much felt recoil is experienced.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  3. james83

Thanks for your opinion absoluterik07, They did have 2 different backstraps included in the case, not sure which backstrap was fitted to the gun while i was handling it but it certainly fit my hands well.
    I have been looking up as much infomation tonight as possible and you are right $550 is pretty steep, The guy in the pawn shop said he would accept $510 cash this morning, but knowing nothing about the gun at that time i said i would think about it.
    I have fired a Glock36 .45acp and a Glock37 .45G.A.P at a range in portland i put 100rnds through the 36 and it was pretty low in felt recoil the 37 i put 50rnds through and it was snappy as heck really felt it in the wrist.
    I think i'll stop by the pawnshop after work tommorrow and see if i can get a better price on the M&P45

4. Will_Power

Will_Power OR via OK Active Member

Tangental question here: what pawn shop? Are there certain pawns that sell handguns in PDX / the westside metro?

5. KMA45

KMA45 Hillsboro New Member

I just ordered a m&p 45 with 3 mags or whatever they come factory.... it's dark earth without mag safety. I got it for $499 delivered. I did qualify for their LEO discount so I think that is the best deal.... that I could find anyways.

6. james83

@Will_Power, as far as I'am aware 99% of the pawn shops in the metro area sell/buy firearms.

@KMA45, from looking at prices online $499 with 3mags delivered is a pretty fair price, i guess if you have LEO discount that helps alot. I still dont know alot about the m&p45 apart from for a lightweight plastic framed pistol it certainly felt good and caught my eye. Have you shot this model of pistol alot before you bought one?

7. KMA45

I have shot the 45 a few times but manly the .40.... The 40 was snappy when compared to the .45. The triggers are what make it really nice because it is nice and smooth not like Glocks. Glocks can be like a staple gun where as the MP feels delicate and smooth. I was almost as good with the mp45 as I am with my 1911. The good thing about the LE discount is that EMS, Firemen, Security all fall under this discount so. If you have a friend that is security or whatever maybe they can help you out. Check out Bud's guns if your interested, just google them.

8. james83

Thanks KMA45 i did check out buds guns, they are out of stock but the last sold price they had was $556.
    Heck i think i'll stop by the pawn shop after work and if they still have the m&p45 i'll see if i can get a better deal and just buy the thing.
    Supposed to be good weather this weekend so it would be nice to have a new toy to head out into the woods to shoot.

9. KMA45

10. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

It's my experience that .40 is a quicker/snappier recoil where .45 is a slower/longer recoil impulse, more of a push.

11. joeroket

joeroket Everett,Wa. Active Member

I agree with this.