JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Moving up from a Remington Model 11.

Getting a newer S/A HD SG has been on the back burner for some time. Recently I've been looking into what stands out. I've looked into the Benelli Super 90, and the Beretta 1301. I'm going to look and presumably buy a pretty decent gen1 (stock) 1301 today. The 1301's are impressive tools.

I found a couple posts in the forum referencing them, but there wasn't much mention of how they were working out.

Who has a 1301, and how do you like it?

Guess what followed me home. A few essential upgrades are in order.
1301.jpg

I've got a few nice shotguns (Benelli M4, Mossberg 930 SPX, Mossberg 590, and a Remington 870 Police), but I really want one of these!

Looking around the net and on the forums, having a light on the fore end is no easy feat. The Nordic Kit is pretty generic in that regard. The stock fore ends, there's not much there for material for bolt-through, but can get done. Another option is replacing the whole fore end with the Magpul Zhukov (AK) hand guard, by means of an adapter, made by Aridus. You can't buy the adapter by itself if you already have a hand guard. I won't be going that route due to the cost. If you want convenience, mounting solutions, Aridus has you backed in the corner. Another option would be to mount a double-ringed flashlight mount clamped to the barrel, or something along those lines. I have an idea of my own I'm going to try. If I scrub that idea, I'll make something out of 1/8" x 1" x 1" aluminum angle.

Nordic +2 extension is installed.
I'm messing about with different Haley Strategic mounts and lights. They work nicely.
Riding here, the Olight M2R 1500 lumen Warrior. This light runs with a rechargeable 18650 battery that can be charged without disassembly to do so, or by replacing with freshly charged.
With different size rings, I have a nice array of lights to experiment with.
The Nordic barrel clamp/Pic rail, while having the option of mounting on both sides, is very beneficial. A benefit of having the light behind the front sight, illuminates the brightly painted sight as well.

I also have Surefire Scout (M300c/M600U) I can test. These with the option of a tape switch.

20190322-143654.jpg

Here's a view through the RD.
20190322-143018.jpg

I looked at them. I have a shell carrier that mounts on the stock, on the way.
I'll try this way before I pay the price.