JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why do people think being someone's secretary is somehow a big deal? I don't give a crap if you were the "executive assistant" to the Pope, you're just a secretary who scheduled his meetings and did basic administrative work. You were not an executive, loser...

You do have to be a bit impressed or dismayed really with that 52,000 foreigners a year moving to the Bay area and in turn economically forcing the California pukes out. That is over a million people in 20 years even in a huge metro area like the Bay area.

I still maintain that with 30,000 a year coming to the Portland Metro area it is going to impact the area like never before. I know that one of them is bringing that 600K we want for our place next year.

So with all the anti-California attitudes that have been expressed on this forum how many of you can actually SAY you have done anything to make Californians (or anyone else for that matter) feel uncomfortable about their decision to move here? Well I have - and do when I have an opportunity that allows me to make a comment (to a Californian) that is not derogative or disrespectful - call me a condescending azzhole but when I have an opportunity to do so it is without remorse or regret. If I can at a minimum get them (the transplants) to think and talk about it among themselves maybe it will keep them on edge and hopefully eventually hate themselves for ever moving in the first place. The goal is to (hopefully) keep the families uncomfortable about being here, get them to fight among themselves and eventually decide to move away.

Last Edited:
So with all the anti-California attitudes that have been expressed on this forum how many of you can actually SAY you have done anything to make Californians (or anyone else for that matter) feel uncomfortable about their decision to move here? ... call me a condescending azzhole ...
Says the guy who moved to OR from SoCal. So you beat the crowds.
Nothing funnier than a transplant whining about transplants.

Says the guy who moved to OR from SoCal. So you beat the crowds.
Nothing funnier than a transplant whining about transplants.

So you are Bend / Central Oregon born and still there ??

I moved to Oregon here 55 years ago as a 5 year old with my parents. I beat the crowds, and I still bit*h and complain about the Bendifornians. Moving to Central Oregon in 2 years, already own property and pay taxes. I don't much care for all them either. Since probably 40% of the Central Oregon residents are transplants got a lot of people should keep their lip zipped eh ??

I moved to OR in the 1970's, over 40 yrs. ago; bought in Deschutes with a Bend zip cost 20 miles out of the city 9 years ago.
I have my own complaints - over liberal progressives and hypocrites;
Intuition says most people living in coastal states east/west/south are not from there originally and in America, we are free to relocate at will.
When one is what one whines about, it's just really funny. You are free to bit*h all you want and I'm free to laugh.
If you can't appreciate the irony, that's too bad. Maybe it's really hypocrites you find distasteful like I do and it has little to do with geography.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top