JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I grew up coming to Bend for out family vacations and all my life wanted to live here so bad.
But last year and this year have changed that idea.

It seems to get worse every year from the californians and portland hipster/tree hugger crowd.

I think it's time to finally stop making the trip. It's way over crowded and ridiculously expensive.

Man this is such a disappointment to me. My favorite place on this earth and I don't even want to visit.

IMG_6754.JPG

I remember making trips in my early 20's. Shooting, camping, I got excited about going over that way. I was in bend I think two years ago and was shocked how much stupid s@#t is there now.

It is the middle of Griswald season. Clark, Eddie and the whole gang are in town this time of year!

It definitely is getting crowded, and you're right about the hipsters and "southerners" invading the place.
Still immensely better than Portland in that regard. Had to go over to the "valley" a couple of weeks ago, made me really appreciate living in Bend all the more.

Try visiting in October/November in the "off" season, I think you will find it more pleasant with less tourism, crowds, traffic and before the 5 feet of snow falls!;)

So I grew up coming to Bend for out family vacations and all my life wanted to live here so bad.

It seems to get worse every year from the californians and portland hipster/tree hugger crowd.

I think it's time to finally stop making the trip. It's way over crowded and ridiculously expensive.

Man this is such a disappointment to me. My favorite place on this earth and I don't even want to visit.

View attachment 378296
"They" ruined it.

I watched it start downhill in the late '90s, and the last time I was there about 4 years ago I said never again.
At least not on purpose anyway.
They can have it. I might wave on the way through, but not if I can help it.
It's the next Eugene, sans college.

I love central Oregon... my Uncle has a Dude ranch in Sisters. I used to work weekends and summers there as a kid/teenager. now people pay him to work there. this is my favorite corner of the property... IMG_1527.JPG

Bend is an absolute tragedy! The bizarre confluences of people and the complete lack of continuity between them is probably the worst part of it. When I moved to Bend the City Limit sign said 12,500 so that should pretty much support anything I have to say or express about it....
AND I am beginning to see rapid changes in the LaPine area - and they are happening MUCH faster than ever did in Bend...

Last Edited:
Bend is an absolute tragedy! The bizarre confluences of people and the complete lack of continuity between them is probably the worst part of it. When I moved to Bend the City Limit sign said 12,500 so that should pretty much support anything I have to say or express about it....
AND I am beginning to see rapid changes in the LaPine area - and they are happening MUCH faster than ever did in Bend...
my cousin grew up in sunriver,bend and now lives in tumalo. cant stand all the people and always runnin out of work. he'd have quite the resume if he moved to the valley.

View attachment 378296

Speaking of "that crowd", and thier influence on the area...

We used to go swimming in a beautiful little creek that borders the back side of my uncles property that was known as Squaw Creek. Really nice little campground there too that was called Squaw Creek campground... Evidently that was too offensive, so the changed it to Whychus Creek in 2006. o_O

This is the exact reason I vacation in Trona, California.
You can lord it over them inbreds if you've actually got shoes on your feet. good times

Google island park Idaho. Much nicer. My family had a nice cabin in sun river for 25 years. Place starting sucking year 15.

I've spent many years going over to work in Bend. Starting sucking in 1995.
Cause even the conservatives are liberal.

Google island park Idaho. Much nicer. My family had a nice cabin in sun river for 25 years. Place starting sucking year 15.

I've spent many years going over to work in Bend. Starting sucking in 1995.
Cause even the conservatives are liberal.
That is where my dad lived up until a year ago. It's away from things for sure and the winters are really harsh at 6400ft above sea level.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top