JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just went through a bunch of gun trades and noticed that I probably had 2-3 holsters for every pistol I own, some I don't even remember ordering. Is there a better way that anyone has found to get the right holster on the first attempt?

Even when I search it seems all the reviews are just ads which makes it less than an unbiased review.

I just went through a bunch of gun trades and noticed that I probably had 2-3 holsters for every pistol I own, some I don't even remember ordering. Is there a better way that anyone has found to get the right holster on the first attempt?

Even when I search it seems all the reviews are just ads which makes it less than an unbiased review.

Nope, and that's part of the journey with me.

I truly have dozens of holsters. Concealment, easy access, dressy, weatherproof...All different requirements for different holsters.

I can strap on a pistol in the morning, using a given holster, but later in the day, as weather and clothing changes, I could switch to a different one.

Last Edited:
Holsters , may fit the gun that you have...but also may not "fit" the way you need to carry the gun.
The proper overall fit of gun , holster and your needs of carrying can change , so ...
This means going through lots of different holsters.
Andy

Holsters are just like bullets, it takes a while to find what works right with that particular gun.
My box is going on two foot square and I still have to stack them just right to keep it level.

LOL- I just counted and actually have 3.4 holsters per gun. Now I just need to find that .4 gun to solve that problem.

I have 2 boxes of holsters and a box of mag pouches and other accessories as well. Most of them are new or close to it.

We could start a holster exchange thread and see what happens. Take pics and swap them out for the cost of shipping or maybe work out a trade.
Maybe do it for supporting members only as a perk.

Just a thought..

Interesting thread. I don't have near as many extra holsters as some of you guys, but I do have a couple (thrown in with past deals) for which I have no use.

Gun shows can be good sometimes if you know exactly what you want, but they don't typically have specific oddball models. And trying to pre-verify a good fit for a pistol that was zip-tied inoperable at the front door can also be a PITA.

While Amazon Prime processes returns efficiently, I find that many of the accessories I like (for weapons, welding, tools, etc.) are shipped directly from third party merchants who charge restock fees and suddenly speak no English.

If I saw something here about a NWFA get-together for swapping holsters, I'd probably attend.

I'll dig up a tiny black leather holster for a .38 revolver I have hidden away and I'll post a photo of it here later.

For now, here's one holster I'd bring to swap.

holster 1.jpg

holster 2.jpg

Last Edited:
I like the holster exchange idea for OWB. Not a fan of used IWB which was inside someone's pants.
I think it would be fun for me to be able to say--especially about some one of the more macho NWFA dudes--"I was in so-and-so's pants by proxy."

If I don't have a use for one it gets put away until someone comes along needing one then it gets given away. Most of the ones I received with used hand guns go away this way or if I sell the pistol they go with it as a bonus. Same goes for attachments, scopes, grips, stocks and such.
The want ads or sometimes just a comment in a thread ends up asking for an address to ship it to, sometimes including paying the shipping. I give away a lot of stuff makes people happy and removes clutter all at the same time, sometimes it doesn't pay to try to sell small stuff.

I think it would be fun for me to be able to say--especially about some one of the more macho NWFA dudes--"I was in so-and-so's pants by proxy."
Well you can come over anytime and fondle my gun.........:p
You know someone was going to say it.......

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top