JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think the AR bug bit me again. I'm getting really close to buying another one. I was thinking I wanted a 20" but I think I can use the 16 for everything I want it for, mainly being SD. I wanted a M4 style gun, but now I think I want the Heavy Barr.. My question is, if I never want to put optics on it, why should I buy a removable carry handle model? I can buy a new DPMS fixed handle for 750.00 with 10% off. So under 700.00. A removable model, of the same gun, is a couple hunred more.

I think the AR bug bit me again. I'm getting really close to buying another one. I was thinking I wanted a 20" but I think I can use the 16 for everything I want it for, mainly being SD. I wanted a M4 style gun, but now I think I want the Heavy Barr.. My question is, if I never want to put optics on it, why should I buy a removable carry handle model? I can buy a new DPMS fixed handle for 750.00 with 10% off. So under 700.00. A removable model, of the same gun, is a couple hunred more.

Buy one of the Del-Ton Flat top/Heavy Barrel setups from Coctailer for $750 with 5 mags, case, and multi-wrench. You can't beat that deal.:s0155:

The AR bug has been nagging me for quite a while. Problem is it keeps on coming in second. Last time was right after Christmas. I saw a gun that I liked at a little gun shop but wanted to check and see if Cabala's had anything that I liked for a decent price. Cabala's was a zoo so I left and called the other store from the parking lot to see if I could negotiate a deal on the other gun that I had been looking at but the guy that I needed to talk to wasn't there.
I ended up buying a 54 cal muzzle loader, a Lyman electronic powder scale / dispenser and a black powder, powder thrower for loading my trapdoor ammo faster.
I want a fixed handle A2 match rifle like the H-bar. My reason for wanting this one is it's as close to the A1 that I got my hands on in basic training way back when I was 18 as I can come in current production. The upgraded sights on the A2 are a good thing and the brass deflector nub doesn't matter either way. I would still like to see the triangle hand guards on an AR, but I don't want to buy a 20 plus year old non match rifle with god only knows how many rounds through it for the price that I can buy a new match or target rifle that will shoot circles around the used gun just so that I can have the old familiar hand guards.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top