Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Im getting sick.

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by M.Link, Feb 27, 2010.

1. M.Link

M.Link Guest

I think the AR bug bit me again. I'm getting really close to buying another one. I was thinking I wanted a 20" but I think I can use the 16 for everything I want it for, mainly being SD. I wanted a M4 style gun, but now I think I want the Heavy Barr.. My question is, if I never want to put optics on it, why should I buy a removable carry handle model? I can buy a new DPMS fixed handle for 750.00 with 10% off. So under 700.00. A removable model, of the same gun, is a couple hunred more.

2. bcp

bcp SW WA Member

So you can change your mind someday. :D

Bruce

3. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Higher resale value with the flat top and removable carry handle.

SF-

4. 45glockman

45glockman Camas, WA New Member

Get the A2 for less. If you change your mind later you can swap the upper receiver for around $100.00 and sell the A2 upper to make up some of the difference.

:thumbup:

5. Taurus 617 CCW

Taurus 617 CCW Northern Idaho Member

I personally built an M-4 style gun with the A-2 carry handle. I added a Noveske 14.5" barrel and boy does it shoot!

6. jkraig

jkraig West Linn, Oregon New Member

Buy one of the Del-Ton Flat top/Heavy Barrel setups from Coctailer for $750 with 5 mags, case, and multi-wrench. You can't beat that deal.:thumbup:

7. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

+1. Also a removable carry handle in the deal. I paid $50 just for a carry handle.

8. scharmon

scharmon Oregon City, OR New Member

+2 This is the way I went and I researched it for a week before I pulled the trigger :thumbup:

9. 45_70Sharps

45_70Sharps Raymond Member

The AR bug has been nagging me for quite a while. Problem is it keeps on coming in second. Last time was right after Christmas. I saw a gun that I liked at a little gun shop but wanted to check and see if Cabala's had anything that I liked for a decent price. Cabala's was a zoo so I left and called the other store from the parking lot to see if I could negotiate a deal on the other gun that I had been looking at but the guy that I needed to talk to wasn't there.
    I ended up buying a 54 cal muzzle loader, a Lyman electronic powder scale / dispenser and a black powder, powder thrower for loading my trapdoor ammo faster.
    I want a fixed handle A2 match rifle like the H-bar. My reason for wanting this one is it's as close to the A1 that I got my hands on in basic training way back when I was 18 as I can come in current production. The upgraded sights on the A2 are a good thing and the brass deflector nub doesn't matter either way. I would still like to see the triangle hand guards on an AR, but I don't want to buy a 20 plus year old non match rifle with god only knows how many rounds through it for the price that I can buy a new match or target rifle that will shoot circles around the used gun just so that I can have the old familiar hand guards.