JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think the AR bug bit me again. I'm getting really close to buying another one. I was thinking I wanted a 20" but I think I can use the 16 for everything I want it for, mainly being SD. I wanted a M4 style gun, but now I think I want the Heavy Barr.. My question is, if I never want to put optics on it, why should I buy a removable carry handle model? I can buy a new DPMS fixed handle for 750.00 with 10% off. So under 700.00. A removable model, of the same gun, is a couple hunred more.

I think the AR bug bit me again. I'm getting really close to buying another one. I was thinking I wanted a 20" but I think I can use the 16 for everything I want it for, mainly being SD. I wanted a M4 style gun, but now I think I want the Heavy Barr.. My question is, if I never want to put optics on it, why should I buy a removable carry handle model? I can buy a new DPMS fixed handle for 750.00 with 10% off. So under 700.00. A removable model, of the same gun, is a couple hunred more.

Buy one of the Del-Ton Flat top/Heavy Barrel setups from Coctailer for $750 with 5 mags, case, and multi-wrench. You can't beat that deal.:s0155:

The AR bug has been nagging me for quite a while. Problem is it keeps on coming in second. Last time was right after Christmas. I saw a gun that I liked at a little gun shop but wanted to check and see if Cabala's had anything that I liked for a decent price. Cabala's was a zoo so I left and called the other store from the parking lot to see if I could negotiate a deal on the other gun that I had been looking at but the guy that I needed to talk to wasn't there.
I ended up buying a 54 cal muzzle loader, a Lyman electronic powder scale / dispenser and a black powder, powder thrower for loading my trapdoor ammo faster.
I want a fixed handle A2 match rifle like the H-bar. My reason for wanting this one is it's as close to the A1 that I got my hands on in basic training way back when I was 18 as I can come in current production. The upgraded sights on the A2 are a good thing and the brass deflector nub doesn't matter either way. I would still like to see the triangle hand guards on an AR, but I don't want to buy a 20 plus year old non match rifle with god only knows how many rounds through it for the price that I can buy a new match or target rifle that will shoot circles around the used gun just so that I can have the old familiar hand guards.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top