JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went to go shooting this morning at a spot I like near central point, down kane creek road. To my disappointment it's been trashed, and this is just a small portion of what's out there. I'd like to organize a time to have a group come clean it up and make it enjoyable again.
Message me if your interested and we can workout the details.

View attachment 781834

When was the last time you were up there? just curious if this pile-o'-bubblegum showed up recently. it may sound disgusting, but, go through the pile an see if you can fnd some mail with a name and addy on it. Maybe police/polititions down there give a damn?

You sure that's not down town Portland?

HA! Downtown? I've got worse than that less than a block from my house where a homeless camp has been for over three months! It's on the street with several vehicles, and flows across the sidewalk, and up the embankment, into the edge of the Albertson's parking lot! When Wifey needs to call 911 because of some issue in/at the store, 911 operator asks "Is this at the homeless camp?" !!!! Wifey says no. Then, get this, when she gives her name the 911 operator says "Oh I know you! We ask because those people down there have been known to be armed"

Went to go shooting this morning at a spot I like near central point, down kane creek road. To my disappointment it's been trashed, and this is just a small portion of what's out there. I'd like to organize a time to have a group come clean it up and make it enjoyable again.

View attachment 781834

Trash no land ,is the name of one group that sets up cleaning partys .I've seen contact info on this site before .

Box springs burn easy and the springs left could be recycled free or cut up to make rusty flechette rounds when reloading shotgun shells

One cause for the higher cost of garbage is that it doesn't stay where you dump it(legal garbage disposal). Use to be if you dumped it in the North Portland dump or the one at Oregon City, it was there until they filled all the land to a certain depth.
Now all the trash from the metro area to include SW Washington and who knows where else is barged up the Columbia in 50' containers to the Arlington area. Then after laying out non-permeable liner, they dump the containers and compact over and over again.
That is part of the reason rates are so high, and who knows what else there is to push it even higher. Hope this helps a little.
But you need to know I think those that dump anything, anywhere it shouldn't be should be forced to clean it up if not worse. I was a garbage man for eight years in the seventies so I have so ancient history to fall back on. And boy do I have stories some of you wouldn't believe could be possible.
Merry Christmas and may all of you and your loved ones be safe and well.

Just went to the dump last week with a 6x10 trailer full of furniture and garbage left from my daughter's move to Seattle. Had a full-size couch, 2 recliners, mattress and box spring set, coffee table, plus 5 sacks of garbage. She lived in Idaho, so took it to the Idaho landfill. $17.

View attachment 781834
I suspect that is a Portland homeless persons dwelling and they were just out running errands. This is how they live.

Spent a great deal of time in the military and DoD around San Diego County last century. Watched a number excellent shooting locations get closed down and sealed off with prominent signage and barbed wire fencing. Not because of guns, but because of the douche-canoes who made a habit of dumping their trash and dead appliances there.

Went shooting at Wolf Creek yesterday and took a couple boxes and bags of other people's trash home with me. Not because I enjoy picking up after thoughtless pigs, but because I'd hate to see similar closures happening here for the same reason.

IMG_1328.jpg

Last Edited:
the ex and I have several rentals between us. we both pay for garbage service on all of them. Maybe $25 a month each and then theres no problem.
you cant still take care of the garbage you can get your butt out.

View attachment 781834
Perhaps join the private forum group and recruit some volunteers to your committee in your favorite forest. I'll help all I can, and with 2+ members in your forest, we'll make a difference (and the forest agency will hear what you are doing. That'll help save your place to shoot! https://forum.trashnoland.org/
There are some groups, some of them here, who travel around cleaning up after these morons. God bless them for the work they do. Sadly the people who make messes like this are too often shooters. Who after they screw it up for the rest are the first to scream and yell when a place is made off limits :mad::mad:
I would be all in on the courts making it VERY painful to the ones caught doing this stuff.
Thank you, Alexx! Yes, we do organize cleanup events all over OR & WA when we can. It's not easy to get into all forest areas and that's why we need reps and committees in all forests as possible.
Trash no land ,is the name of one group that sets up cleaning partys .I've seen contact info on this site before .
Thanks, SUPER X! The contact info is on the website: http://trashnoland.org/

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads