JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would get into the less lethal line of police equipment and munitions, as it seems to be under developed and stagnate in regards to new products.

I would get into the less lethal line of police equipment and munitions, as it seems to be under developed and stagnate in regards to new products.
Bigger headache legally than lethal munitions. Especially if over 1" bore size :s0092: BATFE terms "antipersonnel rounds" of greater than 12ga size as DDs. Edit. Also theres been arguments that loading a "lethal weapon" with "less than lethal" munitions says you aren't taking threat serious enough to use lethal munitions:confused:

Last Edited:
It's the higher profitability of selling a product to law enforcement, compared to the fickle sportsman market is what I was referring to.

Far less wacky than the ideas I posted earlier in the thread, and therefore more realistic: a line of sporting rifles and shotguns designed for people of smaller stature. One could take an existing pattern (e.g., AR, Mauser-action, et al.) and shrink down the furniture. My wife is a short person and it has been difficult to find rifles and shotguns that fit well. I know there are adults of both genders, as well as youth, who could benefit from such an offering.

Top-Break double action revolver in .44 Magnum,.45 Long Colt, .454 Casull with low barrel placement like the Mateba 2006M or the Chiappa Rhino. Already have several ideas of how to reinforce the top-break mechanism for the added pressure of all those rounds.(pretty sure the Detonics prototype top-break used one of the ways I have in mind)

Second would be a more traditional looking DA/sa revolver in the .44 magnum and .357 with a gas trap that uses the gases from a fired round to cock back the hammer using a piston, essentially making a semi-automatic revolver but with fewer moving parts than the ones already build before to make the mechanism less prone to failure in dirty conditions.

Target revolver DA/SA using .454 Casull necked down to .357, projected velocities of 158 grain loads going about 2300 and 125 grain about 2450-2500 for a 6" barrel. Intended for long range target practice or hunting. Partial inspired by the FK BRNO, but wanting a more powerful cartridge inside a revolver better suited for larger game than 7.5 BRNO.

How about a water cooled belt feed 12 gauge that would shoot all the available munitions reliably. You could offer accessories like spade grips and a roll bar mounting system. You know for those late night drives for a Slurpee in down town Portland.

I would buy up several expired patents, especially Colts and Brownings, and start there. Bring back some classics but with modern metallurgy and manufacturing, as well as good old fashioned hand fitting and bluing! I would target the middle price range of nice rifles and shotguns from Europe and the States, and try to do what Bill Ruger originally did, before he drank the Koolaid and became a Jerk!
Im not getting the buying up expired patents bit either?

Once I get an answer back from my HOA whether its kosher or now I'll be reinstating my 02/07 SOT and building these. One a week would more than keep me in beer money and machine tooling.

h5HIVA.jpg

I would SO grab up the Remington Patents for the 870 and the 7 series rifles, maybe even the 1100 series auto shotguns too!

That would really be something, Bring back the original Model 7, the 721/722 and the all the good versions of the 700 including the X series!
And lets not forget the 600's, a new and improved 660 would be the schiznit!
Not the 1100. It should remain dead.

Bolt action pistol caliber rifles that utilize a simple aluminum receiver, that can accept AR15 furniture and or a nice wooden stock and forend, that feed from commonly available pistol magazines.

Bolt action pistol caliber rifles that utilize a simple aluminum receiver, that can accept AR15 furniture and or a nice wooden stock and forend, that feed from commonly available pistol magazines.

What would a bolt action do that a semi auto won't? I know, there are obvious answers to rifle calibers but for pistol calibers it's not the same. I like the PCC offerings out now and am just curious why you would want to see something just like that but in BA?

And I would want to see a bolt action rifle that is 1/2MOA guaranteed, has a quality stock and things like recoil lugs and bedding already handled and done right. Metal trigger guard, 20-30 MOA rail preinstalled. Adjustable LOP and cheek riser. All the goodies.

Kinda like a Tikka, but have all their shortcomings addressed. Yeah yeah, there's already options there........

But at the Tikka price point.....? A guy can dream I guess. :D

What would a bolt action do that a semi auto won't? I know, there are obvious answers to rifle calibers but for pistol calibers it's not the same. I like the PCC offerings out now and am just curious why you would want to see something just like that but in BA?
They suppress nicely.

I would buy up several expired patents, especially Colts and Brownings, and start there. Bring back some classics but with modern metallurgy and manufacturing, as well as good old fashioned hand fitting and bluing! I would target the middle price range of nice rifles and shotguns from Europe and the States, and try to do what Bill Ruger originally did, before he drank the Koolaid and became a Jerk!

Sounds like the Cimarron Firearms story.

A nice double rifle in a white tail cartridge like a 30-30, 303, or 30-40. I would find this enjoyable and quite functional in the brush. The price point would be about a grand. Dont know if its possible financially.

Also the same in 10mm and 9mm...each taking Glock magazines.
Just 'cause I like the idea...think that they would be fun to shoot and perhaps fill a need for someone.
Andy

B&T APC9 and APC10 do it right with Glock mags and shoot outstanding too. I just got the APC10 and man it's a soft shooter.

To be profitable, target the Gov. as your customer.
Do some wild idea* that SOCOM might want to play with, pitch it for Development $, make samples, and let them lock it up to keep it from going to market. $$ made with one customer.

*9mm SMG that mag feeds AND retains all brass back into the same mag. Fresh mag changes both reload the firearm, but also contains all the spent brass for exfil w/o leaving it behind. :eek::cool:

I would get into light weight simple backpacking/survival rifles/pistols.

E.G., the "pack rifle":

But I would do it more along the lines of what the originator of that concept has done:

Or something like the T/C Contender with interchangeable barrels - but light weight.

Light weight (as much as possible), low maintenance (metal alloys, etc. that are durable and corrosion resistant), accurate, affordable, utilitarian and flexible (e.g., interchangeable barrels, convert from pistol to carbine like the Contender).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top