JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would buy up several expired patents, especially Colts and Brownings, and start there. Bring back some classics but with modern metallurgy and manufacturing, as well as good old fashioned hand fitting and bluing! I would target the middle price range of nice rifles and shotguns from Europe and the States, and try to do what Bill Ruger originally did, before he drank the Koolaid and became a Jerk!

A quality built semi auto carbine in .45ACP , that took 1911 magazines , with a wood stock and peep sights.
Also the same in 10mm and 9mm...each taking Glock magazines.
Just 'cause I like the idea...think that they would be fun to shoot and perhaps fill a need for someone.
Andy

A replica of the Stevens 418 line of .22 rifles....in :
.22LR
.22 Hornet
Whatever .17 calibers are still viable

As well as a replica Martini - Henry rifle in .303 of course...but also in :
.45-70
.30-30
Various revolver cartridges like .357 Magnum , .45 Colt , etc...
.22LR
Andy

Traditionally wheel gun cartridge rifles. Maybe side by side or over under. I mean a side by side 454 casull with flame maple stocks could be fun. Engraved, art piece level guns would be fun to make. Maybe even a 3 barrel.

Some of my background is making custom musical instruments.

I would SO grab up the Remington Patents for the 870 and the 7 series rifles, maybe even the 1100 series auto shotguns too!

That would really be something, Bring back the original Model 7, the 721/722 and the all the good versions of the 700 including the X series!
And lets not forget the 600's, a new and improved 660 would be the schiznit!

I'm about to have a heart attack. Not because of the inexorable results of a heretofore dissolute life, but all these neat-o ideas! Semi-auto .45 ACP that feeds from 1911 magazines, .500 S&W Mauser action, many classics brought back ... :D

I have a few ideas too, but will reserve said for another post.

One that I actually toyed with and tried :
A replica of a J.Henry Trade Rifle in flint lock , both the "America pattern" / "Lancaster Pattern" and the "English pattern".
Both types were made my me and a friend....but a very limited market.

I would love to see these made as a semi-custom rifle.
They would work for both the historical minded...and as hunting arm.
Andy

I suffer from idearrhea combined with over 4 decades experience in manufacturing. Much of it in new product design so the thought of just copying some existing design isn't all that appealing to me. Lots of good stuff from the past but the fact that they're not still in production makes me think they've run their course as far as being financially viable. But there's still plenty of room for innovation for someone with the resources to pursue it.

Traditionally wheel gun cartridge rifles. Maybe side by side or over under. I mean a side by side 454 casull with flame maple stocks could be fun. Engraved, art piece level guns would be fun to make. Maybe even a 3 barrel.

Some of my background is making custom musical instruments.
You mean like THIS?
1598753419381.png
Would LOVE to make new ones of these only in modern chamberings like .45/70 .45/90 and .50/110!

This one is a .44 cal. Mk-IV carbine

Beyond some of those already mentioned.
  • Space Aged Broomhandle line.
    • Modernized, safer construction.
    • 10-30 shot magazines.
    • Offered in 5.7㎜, 7.5㎜ FK (giggle), 9㎜ Parabellum, .357 Sig, and 10㎜ Automatic.
    • SBR version with shoulder-stock/holster optional.
  • "Thumper" light lever-action line.
    • Winchester 92 pattern, and similar.
    • Offered in .50 AE, .500 S&W, and the proprietary .577 Trueno.
    • SBR and take-down versions available on special order.
  • A modernized British Bulldog in .50 GI.
  • Heavy submachine gun line; top pan magazine fed, integrally suppressed, in .44 Magnum.
  • And many more wacky ideas!
:p

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top