JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So many secret shame, sheeple, Piers Morgan, Anti-OCer, Anti-2A people around here. If you support the 2nd amendment, you should be mandated to carry a locked and loaded rifle while picking up your groceries. How else but by carrying a rifle through the checkstand will these people learn that everyone who carries a rifle is a responsible gun owner?

Another DOTD award winner.

Why do you need to carry an AR into a department store?
Quit being a baby.

Why do you feel the need to attempt to say what others should or should not do? Who are you to make this determination for others? No one. You don't have a single reason why someone shouldn't, aside from promoting and reinforcing the fear of society's children. It's as simple as that.

No one needs to give a reason as to why it should be ok, you have the responsibility to show quantifiable evidence as to why it shouldn't be allowed. An actual data based, factual connection of such a behavior causing a significant societal issue, and then you would have to create a rational reason as to why you wish to go against the statement, "shall not be infringed." You need to support that and make the case. No one has to argue their right to own and carry as they wish, that whole idea is irrational and ridiculous.

so lets put him into that scenario. He goes into the store in his AR, and someone else is in the store with a pistol with the intent to rob it. The criminal sees the dude with the AR and thinks "I'm gonna shoot him first so he won't shoot me." .

Sorry, it doesn't happen like that. Just like that does not happen with people that Open Carry a pistol. Robber enters the store, sees a visibly armed person...his first thought would be "cop", second thing that would come into his mind is, "this guy could hurt me."

Sorry, in the real world, your everyday run of the mill criminal has two common characteristics...1: they are too lazy to work for what they want, and 2: they are chickens at heart. They do not rob stores that are known to resist, they do not shoot up places where they may encounter armed opposition. .

I have openly carried my firearm since 1970, and I do know one occation, just being armed stopped a problem before it became a problem. It may have done so other times also, but I know it did at least once. My carry never left it's holster and the gu that wanted to do me harm, saw my carry, and left, quickly.

I open carry as a deterent. I have no desire to use it. I will if needed, but I would rather the BG just go elsewhere. So far it has worked for me.

Hermannr: I think OCing a pistol is different than OCing an AR-15. They both accomplish the same goal, but one is a helluva lot more practical.

Dave: Rage much? I'm not saying you can't OC a rifle, that was never my thought. However, I think it's stupid to OC a rifle, and I still do. It's like seatbelts. I don't think they we should be required to wear them under penalty of a rather large ticket, who are they to tell me how safe I need to be in my own car. But not wearing one is just being stupid for stupid sake since it takes like 5 seconds and can save your life.

Dave: Rage much? I'm not saying you can't OC a rifle, that was never my thought. However, I think it's stupid to OC a rifle, and I still do. It's like seatbelts. I don't think they we should be required to wear them under penalty of a rather large ticket, who are they to tell me how safe I need to be in my own car. But not wearing one is just being stupid for stupid sake since it takes like 5 seconds and can save your life.

No rage, just intense disappointment. I am glad you're thinking though, regardless of what I think of the resulting work product.

Doing stupid stuff in the name of "the 2A says I can" will be the quickest and easiest way for 2A haters to attack and limit those rights.

There weren't limits on the 1st ammendment until some dumbass yelled "fire" in a theater.
And who dictates what's "stupid"?..
I for one think firearm owners who treat their firearms or passion for firearms as a secret shame is stupid. I also think key board worriers who balk at others who exercise their rights is stupid.

Letting politicians and the media fool you into thinking what is needed and what isn't as well aswhat's socially acceptable and what isn't is also "stupid".

We've kept backing down time and time again and THAT is what has been stripping us of our rights. We let politician dictate when and how we should be able toprotect ourselves and family. Its sickening.

Its only now firearm owners and those who support the right are showing outrage, enough to where we're making the gun grabbers think twice before sharting all over our constitutional right.

Ok guy, some of you are tristed in a knot because you see an openly carried firearm as a threat to your concealed carry. Right?

Well, think about this. Why are SBR and SBS NFA Items? You think maybe because they could be concealed?

Bad guys do not generally walk around displaying their carry openly. Cops usually do. Now, who's side would you rather be mistaken for?

There was a time not that long ago in Oregon (and Idaho) when you (just anyone, no license necessary) could Open Carry, but you (just anyone) could NOT conceal. Do you know why?

Bad guys acting badly was the reason. The rational was what we can see won't harm us, what we cannot see we cannot prepare for.

BTW: Having a CHL or CPl is not an "exclusive club" any more that being a cop is an "exclusive club"...no matter how much you, or some cops want it to be. You are not someone special just because you spent $50 to bribe a permission slip from the king.

At least the media did not call it an assault rifle lol

Did you even watch the video of the media report? The words "Assault Rifle" were used in the first 7 seconds!

Although I do not agree with his approach to exercising his 2A rights he was none the less not breaking any laws and was not charged with any infractions. It is my personal feeling that for Kroger to ban him from their store for doing nothing Illegal is wrong and I dont think we should support a store that wont allow you to shop there if you exercise your 2A rights. Think about that next time you consider shopping at Fred Meyer (Kroger)

I didn't see anything in the article about Kroger banning him, must've been in the video. Interesting that a company that sells guns and ammo would take that stance. Have to say, though, if saw a guy walk out of a store, get a gun, and walk back in my radar is going to be pinging. I would probably follow the guy back in with my cell phone in hand ready to dial 911, and the other on my concealed weapon. With what has been going on lately with the mass shootings we all have a responsibility to be on the lookout and ready to react. Not trying to play cop, but not going to be the guy that let a bunch of people die when there was something I could have done about it either. If the guy is calm and doesn't do anything threatoning, I leave him alone and no harm done.

And who dictates what's "stupid"?..
I for one think firearm owners who treat their firearms or passion for firearms as a secret shame is stupid. I also think key board worriers who balk at others who exercise their rights is stupid.

Letting politicians and the media fool you into thinking what is needed and what isn't as well aswhat's socially acceptable and what isn't is also "stupid".

We've kept backing down time and time again and THAT is what has been stripping us of our rights. We let politician dictate when and how we should be able toprotect ourselves and family. Its sickening.

Its only now firearm owners and those who support the right are showing outrage, enough to where we're making the gun grabbers think twice before sharting all over our constitutional right.
QFT. It's really this simple. I don't fathom why people can't understand it, and instead decide to knit an outrage sweater over someone doing what they lack the courage to do.

I didn't see anything in the article about Kroger banning him, must've been in the video. Interesting that a company that sells guns and ammo would take that stance. Have to say, though, if saw a guy walk out of a store, get a gun, and walk back in my radar is going to be pinging. I would probably follow the guy back in with my cell phone in hand ready to dial 911, and the other on my concealed weapon. With what has been going on lately with the mass shootings we all have a responsibility to be on the lookout and ready to react. Not trying to play cop, but not going to be the guy that let a bunch of people die when there was something I could have done about it either. If the guy is calm and doesn't do anything threatoning, I leave him alone and no harm done.

So if you aren't trying to play cop, are you trying to play that guy in the horror movie that hears a sound and says, "I'll check it out, I'll be right back."

If you're pinging, why would you go back in? Get the hell out if you're concerned, go home. The lives there are what matters.

Actually, I think everyone's life matters. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing that people died because I did nothing. Took an oath years ago to protect this country against all enemies, foreign and domestic and for me that didn't mean just until my active duty was over.

If I see that there may be a situation where someone may be in danger I am not walking away until I know it is safe. That isn't playing cop, that is being a responsible citizen IMO.

Guess we are just different kind of people, and that's OK. Doesn't mean either of us are better or worse than the other. Just a different view.

My family first and foremost. If I can save the lives of others, after my family is secure, I will try. I have had military and civilian training, if after accessing the situation and I feel I could be harmed then I may walk. I sure as hell aint Rambo and bullets hurt, even with body armor.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top