JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
don't think I can agree on this generalization, at least not in my own lifetime....
many areas remaining in 'feral Idaho' are not so easily paved. The .gov structures are staffed by people who largely grew up in circumstances that gave them experience outside the plush flat lands. Many of the regions are just too small to support in any fashion, much population growth. Extremes of weather and season and very limited community resources tend to filter out certain elements as well.
That's what we used to say here in Washington suprise the libral sickness is on the move

Old family home outside of Marsing across the river from Lizard Butte. Grew up in Boise but left before pop. hit 100,000. Lower end of Jump Creek was a nice visit but haven't seen it in about 50 years.

Jump creek is cool. Kinda of meth head area at times. Bustin windows to steal crap from cars. Marsing is decent. Kinda a rough area in ways. Gets dry south of marsing. Love to own. Hay farm out there though.

Is Givens Hot Springs just down the road still open?

(deep breath IN) wonderful view there;
back in -ought & '49- we used to catfish under the old bridge

I'm relatively new. Locals tell me the pheasant hunting isn't near what it used to be.
Givens is still open. I've driven by several times but havent stopped in yet. That bridge is slated for replacement starting this year. Should make access to Caldwell/Nampa fun. Still lots of fishing there though.
My parents live on the north side of town on Bruneau right where it makes the hard left toward Homedale. Probably not too far from your old place.

Believe me, I know I'm fortunate. It's a beautiful spot and somehow everything just seemed to fall into place.

Locals tell me the pheasant hunting isn't near what it used to be.
In the late 60s I had a state job requiring lots of road miles thru Owyhee county & Duck Valley area. The first 11 months on the job my New VW windshield harvested 7 pheasants along the route. Wasn't pheasant UNDER glass, but pheasant IN the glass.
Ins finally told me 'no more claims'. Who knew you could use a 12 gauge?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top