JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now on the constructive side, I'm considering a pps43 (semi-auto of course) 7.62x25, really an effective round. All it would require is to sbr it or weld on an extension to bring the barrel to 16" .

hehehe selling your Scorpian funded that brace for your GHM9! I know I just bought the same set up for my APC10. ouch.

Last yr I walked into Curts Discount Shooter Supply and they had two B&T APC9-SD's. I left with one, well minus the integrated can. It cleared just over a month ago, wow it's extremely quiet with SUBs. You can shoot supers as well and yes it does slow them down to SUB speeds, but at least with my 124gr supers, it has a pop to it. 165gr Subs spooky quite. I am sure it sounds the same on the GHM9,

Photo from B&T. I have the AimPoint Microdot on the B&T release as well. But have not SBRd mine as of yet, and of course, I am missing those 4 dots near the trigger! Otherwise looks similar with an ugly SB brace. The OEM sliding brace for the tail hook like you have looks/feels way better.
View attachment 744557

Ha you know it. Leave it to B&T to make a brace that's more than a Glock 17. It's worth it though as the brace is fantastic, and it's easy to convert into a stock and back to a pistol if I go that route.

I'm glad to hear you that about your APC9SD. I've heard from a few people that both the APC and GHM with SD kits are movie quiet, which is exactly what I want. I'm afraid though that I'm going to get the bug as soon as mine comes. I'd love an APC9SD as well, but I don't like the way the new Pro looks, and the standard seems to be discontinued. Maybe I'll go the MP5SD route...

Have you got around to cleaning yours yet? I've heard they're a PITA.

Ha you know it. Leave it to B&T to make a brace that's more than a Glock 17. It's worth it though as the brace is fantastic, and it's easy to convert into a stock and back to a pistol if I go that route.

I'm glad to hear you that about your APC9SD. I've heard from a few people that both the APC and GHM with SD kits are movie quiet, which is exactly what I want. I'm afraid though that I'm going to get the bug as soon as mine comes. I'd love an APC9SD as well, but I don't like the way the new Pro looks, and the standard seems to be discontinued. Maybe I'll go the MP5SD route...

Have you got around to cleaning yours yet? I've heard they're a PITA.

I would say yes the SD is close to the movie quite w/o the fake movie sound. Its due to the size of that dang suppressor, the sucker is like 14" long going over a solid 4 or 5 inches of the barrel. It's cool how the vent ports in the barrel start the gasses/sound control. That's a big chamber for it to expand in.

I have found the APC cleans easily overall. NOT CZ Scorpian easy with its ONE pin but close. The only PITA is the precision tight fit of the two takedown pins. Pop them drop the grip/trigger assembly, Pull that back off like you did to put the brace on (down the back) pull the spring out the back, pop the charging handle out and the bolt slides out the back. Easy to clean and put back together.

Now the APC10, wow what a soft shooter for 10mm. I love the fact I can have my woods chest rig gun share mags with the gun in the truck now. :cool:.

My heavily modified KelTec Sub 2000:
1599318725262.png
Took it to the range the other day, and once I got the red dot dialed in it was almost like I couldn't miss!

I like the idea of a pistol caliber rifle, so bought a Kel Tec Sub 2000 folding carbine.
9mm (so if you carry a Glock, the magazines are interchangable) It comes with a threaded barrel so you can screw a can on it. Liked my Gen 2 so much, a bought another one so have twins. I like the idea of carrying one caliber that loads into anything I carry. I also have a CAA Micro Roni with a Glock 19 installed... put on a Belgian 16 inch barrel, so not an SBR. Folding stock, sexy looking little thing with a 100 round drum hanging off it.

So, spend quite a bit of time here reading but I almost never post...not sure why. I just don't. But, over the last several months I have come to the conclusion that I really need (want) a 9mm carbine. Something fun to shoot...and for some reason I just have never bought one.

I remember back when I was in early college I really wanted a Beretta Cx4 Storm. I thought they were cool looking (almost like something from Starship Troopers) and when I handled one at a local gun shop I thought it was very comfortable. But, I feel like the Cx4 is a bit on the "old" side and that other options have greatly outclassed it. While I do like the nostalgic feel of getting something I wanted when I was younger...I see no other reason for it than that. I had considered building a 9mm AR as I already have a pair of traditional AR-15s and am very comfortable with them. But, my research suggests they have some drawbacks and I suppose that is to be expected when to take a design intended to be a gas operated rifle and make it a blow-black pistol caliber carbine.

So, I keep going around and around with this...and I keep coming to the same conclusion. a CZ Scorpion is the best option for me. They are sweet looking, the reviews are excellent, and they have a lot of aftermarket options.

Part of my issue is...I can't leave well enough alone. I see that rifle and I see a wonderful base for a fun project. My first thought it the barrel is too long. So, that leaves me with 2 options. Buy a pistol varient or SBR the rifle. I don't know why it is, but I don't like the idea of a pistol with a brace. I know the ATF has said over and over again it's legal...it just bothers me. I also want to put a vertical fore-grip on it and as I understand it, that's illegal on a pistol. I don't know if I would ever be comfortable with that. So, I feel like that leaves me with the SBR option. Is it crazy to think that way?

I think a SBR Scorpion with a suppressor would be a really fun little carbine. I have a suppressor for my .22 and I love it and I think this would just be a blast to go along side of it. Is doing an SBR dumb when I could just do a pistol? Am I overthinking this?
Get the CX4!

73F5FD1B-E9AD-4983-B02B-1601E136FA9A.jpeg

What is connection piece just ahead of the trigger guard??
Not my S2K but looks like the Red Lion adapter. I have looked at one more than a few times with temptation. They make it so you can easily put an optic on and still fold the rifle. Couple times I was even going to buy one but they were sold out so kept me from spending the cash when temptation was there :D

I have a couple of the Aero guns. One in 9mm That has not been out of the safe in a long time and one that is both 10mm and .45. While the concept was nice it turned out the owner of the place is to be charitable less than well thought of. I would recommend anyone thinking of a PCC NOT buy one of his unless it's used. Their idea of customer service is once they have your money you can pound sand if anything goes wrong.

I really like my Kel Tec SU2000 in 9mm, as well as my Kel Tec SU-16 folding rifle in 5.56 Nato. I can afford about any nice gun I want and I have a bunch worth thousands, but I really dig my various Kel Tec firearms. They are almost always the lightest and handiest in thier class, and they just flat WORK.

No personal experience, but here is one that is not well known, but of classic appearance and (formerly) affordable cartridge.

View attachment 743549
Great pic. Every time I see an M-1 I get happy and reverential. Like seeing your favorite hero, and feeling grateful and a little stronger at the same time.
1) Is it heavy? heavy as the original M-1s? (it looks like it)
2) Does the 19" barrel give the 22 round just a little more energy, or is it negligible? Any favorite ammo yet?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top