JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like my SBRs. Though, for the love of all things holy and or holey, do a form 1 efile over a form 4 for SBR. MY last 3 efiles were 17 days, 16 days, and 17 days. My first form 4 was 22 months.
I totally get that. Trouble is, if I do this...I want to suppress it too. So it would be eFile Form 1 for the SBR and Form 4 for the Suppressor. So to actually have it in it's final form it's gonna be a wait. I have only done a Form 4 once (SilencerCo Sparrow22) and it took 14 months.

@CamaroDMD You can form 1 a suppressor as well if it's something you are interested in. Quietbore puts together some pretty nice kits. You just have to file the form 1 and then drill your holes after you get the stamp back. Performance probably won't be quite what a form 4 can would be but the 1 month wait and usually cheaper price might be worth it.

@CamaroDMD You can form 1 a suppressor as well if it's something you are interested in. Quietbore puts together some pretty nice kits. You just have to file the form 1 and then drill your holes after you get the stamp back. Performance probably won't be quite what a form 4 can would be but the 1 month wait and usually cheaper price might be worth it.
I hadn't considered that. I'll look into that. Thanks for the info!

Back when I was interested (about 1994) in an 9mm carbine. Well....the selection was limited. Anyway, I picked the AR 9mm made by COLT.

Now a days.....I might want a Ruger Charger. OK, Ok, ok....this is actually a "pistol".

Aloha, Mark

PS....there is also a good video from 22plinkster of the Ruger 10/22 Charger with binary trigger. WOW! But......we in WA don't get to enjoy a binary trigger. Though, I could be wrong about that.

Last Edited:
But, if I'm carrying something so big that can't fit in my pants, it'll be chambered for a rifle cartridge.
I get what you are saying...and to a certain extent I agree with you. But I already have several of those and I want something different. A PCC has been on my radar for quite a while.

I appreciate everyone here helping me focus my thoughts on this. Based on what I have found and read, I do think the Scorpion is the right option for me. As suggested, I looked into a pistol version and I feel like the Carbine makes the most sense. The reason is the barrel length. The pistol comes with a 7.72in barrel. When you add in a suppressor is 7.5in long so combined that is about 15 inches. HBI makes an aftermarket 5.3in barrel which gets the barrel/suppressor closer to a foot which is about where I want it. So, either way I am paying for a new barrel. If I want a vertical foregrip it has to be an SBR (Based on my understanding of the laws) so a braced pistol with the new barrel doesn't get me there...I'm still paying for the tax stamp. If I buy the carbine I will save money on not having to buy a stock/brace.

My thought is buy both the Carbine and Suppressor at the same time. File both an eFile Form 1 and a Form 4 and wait for both to clear. I figure the Form 1 will clear far sooner so I can buy the barrel and all the other parts I want while I wait for the Form 4 stamp to arrive. Enjoy the carbine as is until then and when that stamp finally arrives (and the suppressor is out of jail) then I can build the thing.

Buy what makes you happy. But, if I'm carrying something so big that can't fit in my pants, it'll be chambered for a rifle cartridge.

I sort of said the same thing.....back when you could get an open bolt MAC 10. Wait a second.....was an open bolt Uzi an actual thing? I don't recall seeing one.

But, oh well...

Aloha, Mark

Got a 1911, S&W MP or Glock 9mm? Get a MechTec upper and still keep your pistol for something different. There are uglier options, but not by much. (IMO)

I have had two of the Mech-Tech's. first one was bought right after the Co hit. After the ban ended they became super damn nice. Now days with so many making Casper guns they make a great way to go. You can make a Glock frame and add one of their uppers to it. They are a little on the heavy side because of how they are made but damn both of mine were nice.

I SBR'd a Sig MPX a couple years back, it's not for everyone but mine runs like a Swiss watch.

I did try about every flavor of 9mm AR way back and could not get any of them to run right, probably just bad luck on my part.

My Sig MPX pistol is SBRd with a sliding stock and has an Amtac Hornet 9mm over-the-barrel can on it. Good shooter but I wanted a longer barrel on it but ended up buying an MPX carbine instead. Also a great shooter and will eventually can it too. I don't bench shoot them tho other than sighting in an optic. Never thought they were that type of gun. Action range against man targets and/or steel, definitely.

I've looked at buying an EVO Scorpion but I always ask myself "why are there always Scorpions for sale in the classifieds?" They are less expensive than the Sigs and I understand the allure but I've never gotten past my question.

My 2 cents

Prepare the rotten tomatoes and eggs....

I really enjoy shooting my SUB2000 in Glock 17. It folds up to stow in a backpack and 33 round stick mags add to the fun.
Not from me you will not:D
Everyone who knows me knows I am a big fan of KT even though they are a gun that so many just love to malign. This is my S2K that goes with me to work. It's the only PCC I own that I can carry in a laptop case. This case carries both a laptop and the S2K, along with a few happy sticks. Anyone who see's it has no idea what's in it. Sure I will never need it but, like having it if something breaks out before I can get home.
Of all my PCC's this is the least "fun" to shoot as it's so short and light. I love it because it just works and it's so damn small. If I ever wear it out, and they have not made them illegal, I will replace it with the newer version.

KTLT1.png KTLT2.png

If I buy the carbine I will save money on not having to buy a stock/brace.

Enjoy the carbine as is until then and when that stamp finally arrives (and the suppressor is out of jail) then I can build the thing.

Exactly what my buddy did after shooting my SBR'ed pistol and doing the math. Grab the HB bits when they are in stock, as they go out for weeks on end. i.e. they show the black kits in stock right now. Sure you already know this, you can own the uninstalled kit why you wait for your stamp to show up.

Also on your can, consider a 45 can. More universal than dedicated 9 and I can not hear the difference on any of mine. Just now I have a number of 45s and plenty of 9 cans but only one 45 can. If I would have just used the universal 45 from the start, no issues. :rolleyes:

My Sig MPX pistol is SBRd with a sliding stock and has an Amtac Hornet 9mm over-the-barrel can on it. Good shooter but I wanted a longer barrel on it but ended up buying an MPX carbine instead. Also a great shooter and will eventually can it too. I don't bench shoot them tho other than sighting in an optic. Never thought they were that type of gun. Action range against man targets and/or steel, definitely.

I've looked at buying an EVO Scorpion but I always ask myself "why are there always Scorpions for sale in the classifieds?" They are less expensive than the Sigs and I understand the allure but I've never gotten past my question.

My 2 cents

I like my SBR'ed MPX but it stays in the safe and the SBRed scorpion is what goes to the range the most. No gas in the face suppressed and just runs on any ammo. My MPX will gas ya out suppressed and can be picky what its fed. Dont get me wrong I sill like the SIG, but the CZ just edges it out.

The real question for the Scorpions in the classifieds is "why do they sell so quick"?! The last one I bought was up for less than a day NIB and the seller had gotten into B&Ts. Sold the CZ for B&T mag $. No, not really but the Scopians are extremely good value for their performance. The last CZ mag I bought was $14 new;). Last B&T APC45 mag I bought was $101 each. :eek: Dam B&Ts are addicting but diminishing returns $ wise when the Scorpions perform so well.

Exactly what my buddy did after shooting my SBR'ed pistol and doing the math. Grab the HB bits when they are in stock, as they go out for weeks on end. i.e. they show the black kits in stock right now. Sure you already know this, you can own the uninstalled kit why you wait for your stamp to show up.

Also on your can, consider a 45 can. More universal than dedicated 9 and I can not hear the difference on any of mine. Just now I have a number of 45s and plenty of 9 cans but only one 45 can. If I would have just used the universal 45 from the start, no issues. :rolleyes:

I like my SBR'ed MPX but it stays in the safe and the SBRed scorpion is what goes to the range the most. No gas in the face suppressed and just runs on any ammo. My MPX will gas ya out suppressed and can be picky what its fed. Dont get me wrong I sill like the SIG, but the CZ just edges it out.

The real question for the Scorpions in the classifieds is "why do they sell so quick"?! The last one I bought was up for less than a day NIB and the seller had gotten into B&Ts. Sold the CZ for B&T mag $. No, not really but the Scopians are extremely good value for their performance. The last CZ mag I bought was $14 new;). Last B&T APC45 mag I bought was $101 each. :eek: Dam B&Ts are addicting but diminishing returns $ wise when the Scorpions perform so well.
I get all that you replied to me. I am constantly trying to reduce the load in my 2!!! safes, but then "OOO shiny things!" and we're off again. lol Never really figured out why a magazine should be so expensive. They are a metal box or a formed polymer box (yeah I know its not that simple), but worth $100+ ?. I turned down a Tikka because the mags were $90 each and they gave me one for $1700. Yeah, no.

Would love to get down to 6-8-10 guns but even so......OOO shiny things! Gotta go!

I get all that you replied to me. I am constantly trying to reduce the load in my 2!!! safes, but then "OOO shiny things!" and we're off again. lol Never really figured out why a magazine should be so expensive. They are a metal box or a formed polymer box (yeah I know its not that simple), but worth $100+ ?. I turned down a Tikka because the mags were $90 each and they gave me one for $1700. Yeah, no.

Would love to get down to 6-8-10 guns but even so......OOO shiny things! Gotta go!
On mags "most" of the price is production. As in how many are made. I have a Bersa double stack .380 Wife likes. Easy to shoot for someone who is recoil sensitive, lots of ammo. The one big downside is the damn mags. When we bought it came with one mag. When I tried to buy more a real hit. LOT' of the old single stack, no one had the double. Had to buy them direct from the importer at almost $50 each, ouch. So bought 4 more, told the Wife the damn mags were worth as much as the pistol now:mad:
For those into a PCC if they are only going to have one no big deal. Even if they are pricey they should last your life if taken care of but it is a PITA when you first go to buy the ones that are just not made in super large quantities as they are expensive.

On mags "most" of the price is production. As in how many are made. I have a Bersa double stack .380 Wife likes. Easy to shoot for someone who is recoil sensitive, lots of ammo. The one big downside is the damn mags. When we bought it came with one mag. When I tried to buy more a real hit. LOT' of the old single stack, no one had the double. Had to buy them direct from the importer at almost $50 each, ouch. So bought 4 more, told the Wife the damn mags were worth as much as the pistol now:mad:
For those into a PCC if they are only going to have one no big deal. Even if they are pricey they should last your life if taken care of but it is a PITA when you first go to buy the ones that are just not made in super large quantities as they are expensive.
If you ever sell the gun sell the extra mags separately! But $50 for a 380 ?!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top