JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
reminds me of shooting at an indoor range with a friend - wide range with about 15 lanes. Unfortunately there was a support beam near the middle of the range. After shooting for about 45 minutes my friend turns to me and asks if he will live - someone had hit the center support beam and the jacket (fortunately without the lead core) ricocheted back hitting him between the eyebrows and it stuck. He was bleeding pretty well but the look on his face combined with the "Am I going to live" comment was priceless. And yes - that range is long gone out of business.

Okay........here goes......never thought I'd admit this publicly but it fits the thread.....

Picture the scene.

26 years ago.
Old logging road, Mil-spec 556 ammo, 10" steel pipe standing vertical.
21 year old "kid" not really thinking consequences, hip shoots at said pipe.
Direct-back ricochet, "through and through" 1 1/2" to the left of the base of the zipper of my jeans. Through one of the "twins"
Lots of bleeding, driving a stick shift 4x4 with one hand (the other was applying direct pressure) 10+ miles home.
All healed well.
Couldn't stand up straight for 3+months.

Lesson(s) learned.

Now with three kids of my own (yes, they are mine ;)) we are the safest most cautious shooters that I know.

Nutted? Damn! :s0001: And you're still willing to shoot? I would think you'd cringe every time you pull the trigger.

Worst thing I've had is a golf ball to the face from a 3-iron. 10 stitches, 4 busted teeth and blood, lots and lots of blood.

Yikes! Was that off the tee or downrange?

Wasn't even at a golf course. Was at a friend of a friend's house in high school - this other guy was on the golf team and had decided he wanted to hit some balls down the street. But my car was in the way, so I went to move it. As I was about to get in, he yelled my name and just as I turned, bam!, right in the face. Hit me square on the chin right where my lower row of teeth sit. Ripped my lower lip open and knocked 4 teeth straight back (I pushed them back forward with my tongue). After the stitches, the dentist was able to allow me to keep the teeth, but they all had to have root canals. Like another guy mentioned above, I was really shocked how much blood came from that injury. And the headache lasted for days afterward.

It all happened because Mr. "Golf Team" thought he was so good he could just whiz a shot by me to scare me. The scared look was on his face after he hit me, I was much bigger than him and I was pretty pissed, I think he thought his life was over at that point.

Did I ever show anyone where the horse bit me?:D

That wouldn't be NSFW, I hope.

Sawdust - 'effin A! The nutz can be remarkably insensitive - found out when I had my vas cut and the anesthesia didn't work. Told the doc to go ahead anyway.

Never been shot, thank God. Scars all over though. Potentially worst incoming I ever had was a pair of scissors thrown at me, stuck me in the head.

Many years ago, when I was around 13 or 14, I was taking a buddy on his first rabbit hunt a little south of Panaca, NV. I had my trusty single shot .22 and he had one of my Dads buddies old .22 that didn't have a trigger guard. We were both lectured about being careful because of the missing trigger guard. We convinced him that we would be safe, so we were allowed to go hunting by ourselves anyway (which was nothing new for me, because usually I went rabbit hunting by myself). We were walking side by side along the railroad tracks and he was carrying the rifle down at his side not paying attention. I think you know where this story is going, but anyway, the trigger caught on his pants and the rifle discharged, sending the bullet out about 7' or 8' where it hit a piece of steel and ricocheted straight back at me. It took about half a .22 sized chunk out of the bottom of my left nostril. I was stunned at first, then mad when I realized what happened, but it didn't hurt or bleed real bad, so after some yelling and name calling (and almost a punch or two in the face, but he was smart enough to give me a wide berth for a while) we finished hunting for the day. When we got back, my Dad asked what happened to my nose, he thought that I caught it on some brush or something (man, I wish I had used that excuse, but I guess I wasn't smart enough). He was far from pleased when I told him what happened, called us both dumb asses, lectured us for hours on end. He almost didn't let us go out again the next day, but he eventually relented and let us go. He just made sure that I was carrying the borrowed rifle and carrying it properly this time.

Ray

Okay........here goes......never thought I'd admit this publicly but it fits the thread.....

Picture the scene.

26 years ago.
Old logging road, Mil-spec 556 ammo, 10" steel pipe standing vertical.
21 year old "kid" not really thinking consequences, hip shoots at said pipe.
Direct-back ricochet, "through and through" 1 1/2" to the left of the base of the zipper of my jeans. Through one of the "twins"
Lots of bleeding, driving a stick shift 4x4 with one hand (the other was applying direct pressure) 10+ miles home.
All healed well.
Couldn't stand up straight for 3+months.

Lesson(s) learned.

Now with three kids of my own (yes, they are mine ;)) we are the safest most cautious shooters that I know.
:eek: OMG that is horrifying... shot in the boys.....WOW

I was at one of the indoor breaching houses and we were really tearing into the place, out of no where I see this E-Tool come flying at me! I try and block it with my hand/arm and that damn thing sliced me from the tip of my pinky finger diagonally all the way cross my palm, 77 stitches later and lots of bandages! You guys think a head wound leaks, You should see the palm of a hand! Speaking of head wounds, I took a piece of glass frag to the temple, boy did that one leak bad! 18 staples for that one! Then there was several rounds of 23 mmAA fragments embedded in my legs and torso, missed my junk by a few thousands of an inch, wish I had X-rays of that one, still have one hell of a dent in my lower left ankle from the big azz chunk that got blown out!

Nutted? Damn! :s0001: And you're still willing to shoot? I would think you'd cringe every time you pull the trigger.

Worst thing I've had is a golf ball to the face from a 3-iron. 10 stitches, 4 busted teeth and blood, lots and lots of blood.

I had a similar problem. Except it was the club itself I took to the jaw. I was a kid and not paying enough attention at the local 9 hole course and walked too close behind someone taking their shot. Two teeth and my jaw wired shut.

Yep, once in the shin with a Duce Duce, once in the upper right chest with a .25 ACP.
Had the piston blow out of the side of a pneumatic hammer while laying hot rivets, it took a chunk out of the concrete you could have stuffed a cat in and bounced up and hit me between the horns,
Now that one there knocked the dog crap out of me!
No need to tell y'all about the scars, there's a bunch,,, but I hear the chicks dig em!

This is from a 30.06 in Springfield Oregon. Long story. Drunk crazy man.

image.jpeg

No. A client I was with, while in surgery, got this (trauma) call. He said send over the films. I snapped this photo off the computer. Booze and crazy people don't turn out well at times. I'm sure that's how Obama was conceived.

Jesus Christ. I had to stop reading.. skimmed a tiny bit. I am weak.
Oh, I died like a thousand times. It kinda hurt but hey, I'm a man.
Lol. Been all f'd up four ways from sunday a whole bunch but that 9 I took in the bubblegum last night.. wooie!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top