JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Maybe this is only funny to me and I should have been taking the concussion protocol seriously

I was preparing the recycling last night, moving empty water bottles out of the bin and to a bag, when I stood up I clocked myself on the cabinet.
Hand to head, felt funny, grabbed paper shop towel, yep blood, grabbed first aid kit, started ripping open pads, adding one to the previous as they bled thru.

After a short while the bleeding was stopped, the wife evaluated and told me to man up.*

While I was cleaning up, I noticed the packages for the steri-pads all said they were: 7.62 x

Ok 7.62 cm or 3in.

* no she actually was worried I had a concussion and kept bothering me to ensure my speech wasn't slurred etc. After hitting your head some Johnnie Walker is appropriate medicine.

Thought you were headed to the bathroom and expecting trouble...not sure what you were going to shoot in the chitter but a 7.62 should destroy most brown trout with power to spare. However next trip to the head might be different.

and I don't wanna talk about it....:(

1122.jpeg

Last Edited:
I took a .44 mag round at an indoor range in the stomach. It ricocheted off the baffle with enough return power to actually break the skin and I had to dig it out. Quite painful and very unsettling. The shooter had snuck in some overloaded hand loads. After it happened, he was asked to leave.

about 48 years ago I was out in the desert where a bunch of autos had been dumped. Don't ask me why but I decided to test the frt. bumper on an early 50's Cadillac w/my 45. I shot the left corner of the bumper which was apparently made of spring steel the spring back planted the slug on my calf, felt like a hammer strike

I was hit in the back and fore arm with pieces from an .06 from a dumb bubblegum at close range. luckily it was only small pieces but was enough to break skin and have to dig out with a pocket knife in the woods...
He is now in the military lol

I had a friend trying to take an old burned tree down. "Hold my beer" style.
With a 12ga.
I had a some buckshot hit me in the arm. Luckily it felt like a low power bb gun.

Speaking of banging your head, i was stopping down garbage in a parking garage for work, and jumped too high, smack the back of my head on a concrete beam. Boom! Legs went out and I crumbled into the dumpster. Luckily i didn't go night night. Got out and decided it was full enough.

I had a friend trying to take an old burned tree down. "Hold my beer" style.
With a 12ga.
I had a some buckshot hit me in the arm. Luckily it felt like a low power bb gun.

Speaking of banging your head, i was stopping down garbage in a parking garage for work, and jumped too high, smack the back of my head on a concrete beam. Boom! Legs went out and I crumbled into the dumpster. Luckily i didn't go night night. Got out and decided it was full enough.
My head is so scarred-up from close encounters it looks like a topo map

Okay........here goes......never thought I'd admit this publicly but it fits the thread.....

Picture the scene.

26 years ago.
Old logging road, Mil-spec 556 ammo, 10" steel pipe standing vertical.
21 year old "kid" not really thinking consequences, hip shoots at said pipe.
Direct-back ricochet, "through and through" 1 1/2" to the left of the base of the zipper of my jeans. Through one of the "twins"
Lots of bleeding, driving a stick shift 4x4 with one hand (the other was applying direct pressure) 10+ miles home.
All healed well.
Couldn't stand up straight for 3+months.

Lesson(s) learned.

Now with three kids of my own (yes, they are mine ;)) we are the safest most cautious shooters that I know.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top