JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a thing for the 1911 myself.

Les Baer/John Harrison custom

baerwithmaleegrips005-1.jpg

Dan Wesson Valor

DSCF5310-1.jpg

works of art...I think michaelangelo would be astounded...

Nice VZ's .... :)

Guess what? They are not VZ's they are Larry Davidson's "Monkey Grips". He will cut them any way you want them notice the enhanced mag release slot on the EMP. He also cuts ultra thins for people like me who have extremly small hands and in the past it is one price no matter how you order them. The Warthog and Horned lizard are very sharp textured when you recieve them. just take some 200 grit paper and take them down to suit yourself.
He is close to you in Texas and very easy to deal with.:s0155:

monkeygrips

DSCF5185.jpg

baerwithmaleegrips003-2.jpg

DSCF5189.jpg

baerwithmaleegrips001-1.jpg

There are a ton more in here including some from John Harrison of the work in progress.

I would like to add a few more touches in the future.

Wow, I'm drooling!! I'm a Baer fan myself and own more than just one......

What was the base model Baer here before you sent if off to Harrison?? The fixed sights are throwing me off a bit.....

Last edited by a moderator:
A little drop-in Wilson stainless and a set of Colt cocobolo grips transforms a Remington 1911-R1 into even more a thing of beauty ....

I never thought this thread would last so long, I see there are many others out there...so it seems that the word 1911 is a kind of Siren song of the modern day...once you hear it, your done?

What??? Then how come so may other companies are copying the 1911 ??? You must own a Glock? ..... :D

Heyyyy now, there's no need to resort to language like that... sayin' 'glock' on a family friendly site:s0114:

yeah I know you know it Pinkhamr, but I think Sandman1212 was making a point that sure is true for me... after reading about 1911's for ages, owning a cheap clone, & finally actually shooting real ones, I'm hooooooooked. They have some kinda almost spiritual pull on me...The durn things are just mechanical marvels... and just oh so pretty...

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top