JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
She's on Facebook.

burdick.jpg

burdick.jpg

Did you send a message to her at that profile? I couldn't see a post like you had in a screen cap.

Yes, that's correct. You don't have to be a Facebook friend with her to send a message (I'm not) but you probably need a FB account.

Of course, you could also contact her through her office, post, etc.

Christ, even her FB response is pathetic. 'If you were my constituent...' sure lady, as if merely residing in a certain area equates to full knowledge of your intended designs. I would bet there are people living next door to her that don't know her exact plan. Again, zero logic. Zero.

Inundate her with fear of jobhunting.

I am not saying I agree with her position or not, but could the OP explain how restricting magazines infringes a person's 2A rights?

I have not yet seen anyone make a decent case, though I admit I haven't gone looking either.

I am not saying I agree with her position or not, but could the OP explain how restricting magazines infringes a person's 2A rights?

I have not yet seen anyone make a decent case, though I admit I haven't gone looking either.

The intent of the 2A was to ensure that citizens always had the means to overthrow the government should it by tyrannical. The 2A prevents the government from neutering the population, in effect keeps they from removing some of the most effective means for which we might defend themselves. Since any government action against the population will military style weapons with 30 round magazines we should be able to meet them on equal footing.

The Heller Decision wasn't around during the 94 AWB and I think that it could play an important role here. Namely the Heller decision said any weapon in common usage was covered under the 2A. While a 30 round magazine isn't a weapon I think you could argue that there are millons of magazines in circulation and since their usage is common that they are protected from restrictions (I think that this is definitely going to be an issue if they ban firearms like the AR-15).

you can not educate a brain dead twit. Arguing with a liberal or trying to get them to understand your way of thinking is a waste of time. The good news is if there ever is a SHTF moment most of them will be the first to starve or be shot. That's the only pot of gold at the end of the SHTF rainbow

Do you really understand the intent and spirit of the Second Amendment? It's not about hunting or home defense. It's about the people being a counter-balance to the power of the government.....when the amendment concludes with the statement, "....the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.", curtailing the right to own full capacity magazines is clearly a violation.

Good luck trying to argue that with her. She's a politician for a reason. She will talk her way around the statement made.

Only if she chooses to respond. I sent her an e-mail, not on facebook, directly to her office. Think I even got a reply? Nope, not one word.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top