JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome! You can't go wrong with the Glock family! I carry the Glock 48 or the Glock 45 and my wife carries the Glock 43x. Whatever you decide I am sure you will enjoy.

I think this wins the award for best new post of the month!
New gun owner - check
Takes safety class early - check
Involves spouse - check
Begins with solid firearm choices - check
Practices - check
Joins Northwest Firearms - CHECK

Great to have you here!

Get your AR's sooner rather than later, and don't forget magazines and spare parts. The political climate is leaning strongly to a ban on all skeery looking semiautomatics and mags greater than ten round capacity. If you get them now they will be grandfathered. Make sure the mags you get are durable and reliable since replacing them will become an out of state trip.

Hate to be a downer, but don't want you to miss out.

A shop I like to frequent is Curts on McLoughlin Blvd. When I was building they were competitive with online sellers but no shipping. If you decide to reload and go the Dillon route you can order through them for the same price Dillon charges directly but no shipping charges and won't have to worry about porch pirates.

Also, make sure that you can find ammo for whatever you buy and be prepared to pay, at least for now, stiff prices. You might consider one lower and different uppers, but you can't switch the lower between a rifle and pistol stock. Once you put one on a new lower that's what it must be from then on. If you bought it as a rifle, it's a crime to place a pistol stock on it.
Understood, thanks for the advice! I would certainly hate to miss out!

Curts was actually the first gun store I went to after taking the handgun class. NW ARmory was the second. The guys at Curt's were really nice and spent a while with us showing us the different handguns they had in stock. Then they indulged me while I pointed out some guns I recognized from video games. Great shop!

Understood, thanks for the advice! I would certainly hate to miss out!

Curts was actually the first gun store I went to after taking the handgun class. NW ARmory was the second. The guys at Curt's were really nice and spent a while with us showing us the different handguns they had in stock. Then they indulged me while I pointed out some guns I recognized from video games. Great shop!
If you buy one of their builds they sell you the upper and lower separated as two different items. Saves $$, because a complete rifle gets an additional charge, IIRC $50 as a tax,

I think this wins the award for best new post of the month!
New gun owner - check
Takes safety class early - check
Involves spouse - check
Begins with solid firearm choices - check
Practices - check
Joins Northwest Firearms - CHECK

Great to have you here!
Wow, thanks! I appreciate the kind words.

Thanks! Do you have any that you recommend?
On the solid and affordable side, I went with Tracker...
https://trackersafe.com/

Higher end, Liberty Safes of Oregon...

There are others too, Cannon, Field & Stream, Browning, Cabela's. Costo has safes from time to time.

Going into Tracker and seeing what the best deal you can get is the best way. Or go to a gun show where Tracker has a booth set up and get the gun show "Special".
That may seem like overkill for only 2-4 guns, but down the road you may get more and want the extra room. We keep basic valuables in the safe too. Those things that you'd really miss if someone burgled your home and went through all the places people stash stuff?

Higher end, Liberty Safes of Oregon...
Liberty Safes. Very good value. Local, too.
Shop local. Vote like your life depends on it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top