JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Image (2).JPG

With a Pentax 645 and some Kodak Color Negs (Can't recall if this is Portra or Ektar. Will check later if anyone wants those specs).

Anyone else still shooting (film) in this forum? Time to Show Off!

I got a NIKON CAMERA (F2). And, as for all the girls.....never mind.

The F2 is a beast. I'm more of a Canon guy though...got an S II, 6, 7s, A-1, AE-1, and New F-1...

The S II is like carrying a piece of history in your back pocket (S II - Canon Camera Museum).

I'm still looking for a version that is stamped "Made In Occupied Japan" - as mine was made, most likely, before that marking needed to happen.

The last time I went out to photograph stuff a deer ate all my spare rolls of film.

So I wrestled that sumbeatch down and got my film rolls back!! :D

I've heard of developing in coffee before (cafenol process)...but I do have to say that this is the first I've heard of developing in deer...

I have a Canonet QL 17 -- the classic rangefinder from the 1950's-1960's

And I still have my A1 - LED lights were the big new thing

Can't say the last time I ran a roll thru either.

A few years back I finally sold the Nikomat (totally manual op) camera that I've had for 50yrs. It wasn't their top of the line but I took some great portrait, candid, and landscape shots with it's Nikkor-P 105mm f2.5 lens. I sold them separately on Ebay and the lens was worth much more than the camera body.

I still lust for a 35mm digital. Not in the budget tho... :(

I still lust for a 35mm digital. Not in the budget tho... :(

10 yr old digital SLR types are cheap on ebay - in many cases as you found, people buy them for the combo just wanting the lens and dump the camera. As compared to today's models, you share on a digital screen, so who can tell?
Issues - batteries and ensure you can get the memory card which can be read by that model.

10 yr old digital SLR types are cheap on ebay - in many cases as you found, people buy them for the combo just wanting the lens and dump the camera. As compared to today's models, you share on a digital screen, so who can tell?
Issues - batteries and ensure you can get the memory card which can be read by that model.

Have the Nikon DSLR camera bodies with the DVR storage been eclipsed by SD card, or other, types of storage?

Have the Nikon DSLR camera bodies with the DVR storage been eclipsed by SD card, or other, types of storage?
Not sure about Nikon...I picked up a Canon 5Dmk2 a few years ago (camera came out in 2008) for ~$500. Uses CF cards, which is a blessing cause I have a ton of them from back in the day. (All the newer prosumer stuff seems to be SD).

Older Full Frame models are getting to be pretty cheap. The autofocus leaves a bit to be desired, but my oh my do the files look wonderful:

IMG_0424-1.JPG

I still shoot film, though I don't take as many pictures as I used to. My Zeiss Ikon Contessa (folding rangefinder), Holga, and Instax wide see the most usage these days. I've got a few Minoltas, a Canon Av-1 (my first camera), a Mamiya 1000s, a couple half-frame cameras, a few folding Kodaks from the early 1900s, and a few more that I can't remember at the moment... Four of those need to be tuned up and a few are just "wall hangers". I shot digital for a while but never really liked it compared to film.

I really like those Canonets, what a great little camera.

I have lots of SD cards, never got into CF or other card media.
My Canon 20D uses CF, 60D uses SD ... so somewhere along the line they switched.

I found a refurbished Nikon D7500 at bhphotovideo for $600 that uses SD cards...so I think you're in luck there.

All that being said, mirrorless seems to be the future and the Nikons are using Sony XQD cards.

If you're shopping old cameras, the problem you want to watch out for is support of certain card sizes. For whatever reason, some old cameras will not use cards of certain sizes or will only use a portion of the card. So, if you've got old cards, you're ahead of the game in pairing them with an old camera.

Nice! The Canonets are fun little cameras :D

I found a refurbished Nikon D7500 at bhphotovideo for $600 that uses SD cards...so I think you're in luck there.

:eek:

LOL.... $600 = 6yrs of spending money, a good rifle or pistol, or somewhere between 6 and 12 cheap scopes/optics. Or an RMR slide and a good red dot. :D

Priorities man!!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads