JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I mailed off my check to renew my class 06 Ammunition Manufacturers FFL on Jan 14th and got the new license today. I guess now I've got to keep making ammo for everyone for at least 3 more years:s0023:

Any chance you'd throw up a price list?
What I have is on my website. I keep it updated but with the way things change as far as component availability that's the best I can do right now. I will say things are looking much better than a year ago.
theproficientmarksman.com

I used to run a business that made custom lead bullets. I enjoyed meeting like-minded people and enjoyed selling at gun shows around the state. This required about 10 hours a week to keep up the inventory and weekends to sell them at the shows.
Where things went sour was when I automated to turn out more bullets. Now to pay for new equipment I was working for the business instead of it working for me! I was now selling most of my bullets to rental ranges, so I no longer met people, I no longer had time to travel, And it just was not fun anymore.
Right now, I'm about 3 years into retirement [ from an engineering job]. I have always thought I would go back to selling small batches of custom sized bullets [ mostly for obsolete calibers]. But gun shows have changed to the point I would be selling mostly over the internet. And that does not sound that attractive to me.
I'm glad to hear the OP has found what makes him happy! DR

I used to run a business that made custom lead bullets. I enjoyed meeting like-minded people and enjoyed selling at gun shows around the state. This required about 10 hours a week to keep up the inventory and weekends to sell them at the shows.
Where things went sour was when I automated to turn out more bullets. Now to pay for new equipment I was working for the business instead of it working for me! I was now selling most of my bullets to rental ranges, so I no longer met people, I no longer had time to travel, And it just was not fun anymore.
Right now, I'm about 3 years into retirement [ from an engineering job]. I have always thought I would go back to selling small batches of custom sized bullets [ mostly for obsolete calibers]. But gun shows have changed to the point I would be selling mostly over the internet. And that does not sound that attractive to me.
I'm glad to hear the OP has found what makes him happy! DR
Do you know any bullet maker that makes the true original Keith 44 bullets?

Do you know any bullet maker that makes the true original Keith 44 bullets?
Is this what you're looking for?

Gas check version:

I did that with Woodworking and remodeling homes many years ago. Sometimes it's a great way to ruin a hobby you love:p.
Years ago I loved woodworking, I just made pieces for the home and to give to family members. They all raved about the quality and finish and was told I should try making a living out of it.
I was working full-time along with my hunting and fishing hobbies, it just didn't leave enough time and money for anything else, including family. Plus my back injury made what was once a very relaxing and satisfying hobby a torture chamber. :s0054:

Congrats Mike, hoping you have continued success making reliable ammo for us shooters. :s0005:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top