JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You don't even need the FFL, unless the other guy wants it. But don't listen to us. Go to the link Nwcid and prove it to yourself.

Our advice is worth as much as you pay for it. We can usually point you in the right direction though.

You don't even need the FFL, unless the other guy wants it. But don't listen to us. Go to the link Nwcid and prove it to yourself.

Our advice is worth as much as you pay for it. We can usually point you in the right direction though.

YES, you DO need an FFL. You can NOT by face to face ANY firearm across state lines.

From the link,

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?
A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

"You don't even need the FFL, unless the other guy wants it. But don't listen to us. Go to the link Nwcid and prove it to yourself.
Our advice is worth as much as you pay for it. We can usually point you in the right direction though."

WTF? talk about bad advice, maybe you should read and check the LAWS out blert out any more untruths!
do tell us you have been buying guns across state lines without a FFL?

<Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel! Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I bought an AK-74 in OR. To do the deal legally we had to go to an FFL, do the paperwork, wait for the NICS check to go through, then I could bring it home.

You can by a long gun from a FFL brokered deal in an adjoining state to the state you reside in (provided that the adjoining state in question doesn't prohibit non-resident transactions), sidearms (handguns) would require that you conduct the transaction with a FFL in your state of residency. A non-licensed person in one state may ship a firearm to a FFL in another state to complete the transaction.

Do NOT do anything in violation Federal and State laws, but if you go through a FFL you will give info to the BATFE "registry" that they deny compiling, even though they go in and copy all the info in the FFL's "hard bound" book, and Form4473's a FFL is required to keep on file for a very long period of time... Don't tell ME they aren't compiling a "registry"!

Edit:
Can purchase long gun/shotgun from other states going through a FFL. Handguns need to be shipped to a local FFL.

Last Edited:
You can buy a firearm in a neighboring state through that neighboring state's FFL dealer.

No, you can ONLY buy long guns out of state, and ONLY using an FFL for transfer. It does not have to be neighboring.

I will post the link to the laws again, https://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

Last Edited:
Math is hard.
LOL, It's also not always so easy to read the laws either. Licensee, licensor, etc. Of course this is complicated because there are so many licenses and permits required for this that or the other. I'm a licensee because I have a drivers license, or a Concealed weapons license? Oh, but wait, I'm not a licensee since I don't have a Federal Firearms License? Make up your mind.

"You don't even need the FFL, unless the other guy wants it. But don't listen to us. Go to the link Nwcid and prove it to yourself.
Our advice is worth as much as you pay for it. We can usually point you in the right direction though."

WTF? talk about bad advice, maybe you should read and check the LAWS out blert out any more untruths!
do tell us you have been buying guns across state lines without a FFL?

Well I was going to say he gave good advise to listen to Nwcid....
BUT all in all you can ,in fact, buy a handgun from another state but it needs to be shipped to an ffl.Or I guess the Oregon FFL could transport it to WA ad vice versa?

No, you can ONLY buy long guns out of state, and ONLY using an FFL for transfer. It does not have to be neighboring.

I will post the link to the laws again, https://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons

Really Nwcid is who I trust has actually read the laws he links or makes statements about

When doing a FFL transfer does the seller need to pay fees as well as the buyer?

No.

My experience was, we met at the gun store, the gun store took the gun into it's inventory gave the seller a receipt and I purchased it from the gun store/FFL. The fee was $30 to me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top