JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last week my wife came home with a new flat screen TV for the bedroom. Being a good husband I dutifully hung it on the wall, plugged everything in and turned it on. Turns out it's wifi capable and has YouTube (gun videos in HD!)

A couple days later I'm watching the NFA Review Channel and dreaming of the day I get my stuff out of my dealer's safe, she comes in and starts asking about what I'm watching and which suppressors I've recently purchased. I come clean about all of them, she's ok with it! Then she says "We should build a pistol range out back. Dig up a berm, build a covered shooting area..."

So, how high should I be building this berm?

In Mid-Valley I would build it 30 feet high and 3 sided, extending to the shooting position as your local Mayor probably belongs to MAIG, MDA et al
PS don't tell your Insurance Agent, or the EPA, either

In Mid-Valley I would build it 30 feet high and 3 sided, extending to the shooting position as your local Mayor probably belongs to MAIG, MDA et al
PS don't tell your Insurance Agent, or the EPA, either

The nearest town is 7 miles away and I'm pretty sure the mayor doesn't belong to MAIG.

My father built a shooting range at his home in Oklahoma, the berm was about 10 or so feet high. Zero issues... Depends what is behind it too, his was private land ( hardwood forest. )

My father built a shooting range at his home in Oklahoma, the berm was about 10 or so feet high. Zero issues... Depends what is behind it too, his was private land ( hardwood forest. )

I was thinking 8 or 10 feet would be sufficient. There's a rise on my land into which we'll be digging the berm, there's farmland behind that. I was thinking about 12 feet wide for two lanes?

Modeller along with your excellent idea of pushing up a berm. You can also increase safety with Blue Sky panels. hangin out in front of your shooting position that will keep any round from being discharged at an angle steep enough to travel over your berms

I was thinking 8 or 10 feet would be sufficient. There's a rise on my land into which we'll be digging the berm, there's farmland behind that. I was thinking about 12 feet wide for two lanes?

I believe that is more or less what he did, width wise. Seems reasonable to me, I have shot at packed public ranges with seemingly less width.

Be careful who finds out, you may have all sorts of new friends. My dad had the local church group up at his and the pastor bringing class 3 full auto weapons for weekend shoots.

I believe that is more or less what he did, width wise. Seems reasonable to me, I have shot at packed public ranges with seemingly less width.

Be careful who finds out, you may have all sorts of new friends. My dad had the local church group up at his and the pastor bringing class 3 full auto weapons for weekend shoots.

Well I'm planning on an 8x10 shelter, so space will be limited :eek:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top