JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm back home! It's been a crazy 6 days, but they finally put us back in level 2 evac. That Sunday night the fire was moving fast our way, and if it had followed the same trend for another day, we would have lost the house. Monday, they were able to hold a line and save all the structures. Thankfully the winds didn't get too severe on Tuesday and Thursday and the fire didn't make any more progress our way.

At this time the fire is 20% contained and burned just shy of 6000 acres. We're still not completely out of the woods, but it sure feels good being back home. I've cleared some more brush directly surrounding the house, but I really need to go out and cut down some trees that are too
close.

Thanks for the support guys and gals.

Here's a good illustration of the fire's progression.

Screenshot_20210716-190435~2.png
Screenshot_20210716-190453~2.png
Screenshot_20210716-190519~2.png
Screenshot_20210716-190534~2.png

Question, have these wildfires increased in size/severity in recent decades? Or have they often been California proportions?

-Robert
Historically, no, but recently, yes!
We looked it up once, trying to determine what the severity of the legendary Tillimook fire was supposed to have been, not even close both historically or recently! It was much smaller then the "Record" and even by today's Cali standards!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews