JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can't let TRLSMN have all the drool inducing posts and I realized that it's been awhile since I actually took some photos of my cooks so in the immortal words of Kermit the Frog... " And now it's time for Fozzy Bear"

Didn't get any prep or dinner pics but I decided it had been awhile since I had done a brisket up..

DSC_0039.jpg
Fresh from resting for an hour or so.. Still too hot to handle very long...

DSC_0043.jpg
DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg
Even gets the broken cat seal of approval.

Dinner tonight was Wild Rice stuffed peppers with a Dessert of homemade Carmel Apple Cake.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg
Everything is better with Bacon

DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg
And the approval of the only person that truly matters.. SWMBO

DSC_0013.jpg
DSC_0014.jpg

The peppers were super simple.. browned up a pound of Ground Beef once it was almost done added in a small onion, 3 cloves of minced garlic, some SW rub that I make, about a tsp of mexican oreganno, make a box of Wild rice according to the instructions I think we used Uncle Bens, cook it until is almost done but still has a little "bite" to it. Don't drain off the extra liquid the rice will need it as it continues to cook in the smoker once the peppers are stuffed...

Combine the rice and Ground Beef mixture, I just dump it in the skillet, let cool to just above room temp, then mix in your favorite shredded cheese, I used Tillamok Extra Sharp Cheddar. Once the cheese is mixed in stuff the peppers, this receipe will stuff 6-8 peppers depending on how big they are.

Once the peppers are stuffed I ladled some marinara over the top and covered with a couple slices of good center cut bacon.

Into a 350 smoker for at least an hour the peppers will still be a little crunchy at this point but the bacon is cooked and thats how the wife like em. I think I probably would have let them got another 30-45 min just to soften the peppers a little more.

Aww geez you guys. I had to quit looking at this part of the forum because you fellas drove me to bake more. I got off on a bread and sweets kick and now wondering if I have to buy new jeans. :( YOU an TRSLMN... I love it and I hate it. But I love it way more than I hate it. :s0155: Thanks for sharing such good stuff guys!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top