JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have officially unplugged the phone from the wall!!!!

After 3 number changes "Requesting an unissued number each time" well every darn time I get bombarded with bill collectors looking for someone else and solicitors. Bill collectors calling at 1am etc... these people are rude I tell them I am not these people they insist That I am.. I was getting down right vulgar with them was fun for a while kinda like free phone sex hahahaha.

The bail bondsman phone call couple nights ago was funny.

Its funny after a while of being vulger with collectors and solicitors they transfer me to a supervisor and threaten to trace the call.. Humm you idiot's you called me! If you don't want to have me saying sexual things don't call me but an hour later they call back hahaha...

Are there that many deadbeats out there to have 4 numbers in total and all of them have collectors looking for deadbeat's?

The only reason I got the digital voice was to be able to send/receive faxes and to place free Canada calls.

I thought phone company's were supposed to wait a year before reissuing a number???

I'll tell you an opposite story. I got a new number in NY once. Once a month, I'd get a call for someone looking for Andrew McCarthy. I always told them politely "no one by that name, sorry." Finally after like six months, one time I answered, just to game them a little - "He's out now, can I tell him what it's about?"

"Oh great, we've got some checks to send him."

"Oh, how much in total?"

"A little over $20,000 - the royalties for the last two years."

Holy cow. Then a light went off - they must mean the actor. So I told them to check with his agent and get his proper business number. Life must be good when you can't be bothered to pick up your $20k checks...

I have officially unplugged the phone from the wall!!!!

After 3 number changes "Requesting an unissued number each time" well every darn time I get bombarded with bill collectors looking for someone else and solicitors. Bill collectors calling at 1am etc... these people are rude I tell them I am not these people they insist That I am.. I was getting down right vulgar with them was fun for a while kinda like free phone sex hahahaha.

The bail bondsman phone call couple nights ago was funny.

Its funny after a while of being vulger with collectors and solicitors they transfer me to a supervisor and threaten to trace the call.. Humm you idiot's you called me! If you don't want to have me saying sexual things don't call me but an hour later they call back hahaha...

Are there that many deadbeats out there to have 4 numbers in total and all of them have collectors looking for deadbeat's?

The only reason I got the digital voice was to be able to send/receive faxes and to place free Canada calls.

I thought phone company's were supposed to wait a year before reissuing a number???

If I were getting calls from anybody whose first name I did not know at 1 AM, I'd be using my caller ID and reporting the number to the Oregon Attorney General's Office.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Comcast, but remember that your number was likely 12 months plus old when it was issued, and it has taken that long for the deadbeat's number to fall into a collector with the time to pursue it.

Panasonic, and I'm sure others, now have a 'silence' mode on their phone systems. Nice 6.0 Ghz units with digital answering that will take the call and stay silent. They are reasonably priced at Costco. l got one because I work from my home, and I was tired of 'after hours' calls.

Unfortunately, with things the way they are today, every phone company is likely to have the same problem with re-issued numbers. After all, a big part of why the number is available is because the deadbeat didn't pay his phone bill either! :D

Who you call'n in Canada? I don't live there any more!

Frog.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads