JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
...that finding a reasonable supply of good quality .22LR was so damned difficult.

It's been a while since I really burned up some of that ammo but with the acquisition of the M&P 15-22, that's changing.

Either the market is under serious pressure, or I'm not doing the right things to find it.

WTH happened???

...that finding a reasonable supply of good quality .22LR was so damned difficult.

It's been a while since I really burned up some of that ammo but with the acquisition of the M&P 15-22, that's changing.

Either the market is under serious pressure, or I'm not doing the right things to find it.

WTH happened???

I was told a gun shop in Sandy has plenty of .22lr in stock - good stuff at a reasonable price, with no limits. And he says it's always on the shelf when he goes in there. I guess it partly depends on where you are and your local stores. Heck, maybe now that Trump has been elected, the mad scramble to stock up on .22lr will finally come to an end.

That said, if stock ever returns to normal and price comes down, buy a TON and be sure you're ready for the next big panic buy, before it happens.

Yup, another reason why I currently don't have a .22lr in my system. I made a thread a while back about dumping the platform, and almost everyone balked and said they would never give it up. I haven't completely yet, but I don't have immediate plans to buy another .22lr. I do have some ammo though and it will keep just fine in dry storage.

Its been scarce around where I live for ages.
I am set pretty good however as I have been buying a box or two when I can for a long while.
.22 has gotten to be a "If ya see it , you better get" kinda thing my way.
Andy

I just checked my inventory and I have 29 different types of .22LR ammo, from 11 manufacturers. I like to have 1-2 [50 ct] boxes of various .22LR and try them all on any new to me handgun or rifle. Once I figure out what it likes best, then I buy in quantity [1000 or more] and usually online.

While I like the same approach to centerfire ammo, I just don't have as large a variety on hand.

Try fishermans marine as well.

The Tigard store had a bunch of the federal 325 packs at $20, no limit. They did sell out, but may have them back in stock by now. Probably back at regular price.

On Dicks...not a fan, but they too had a special for the same federal 325 packs at ?$19. It was a short special, so last I was in to our Salem Dicks they were back to $24, but did have a full shelf.

Tri-cities is getting 11 to 18 cents a round for 22lr. Sportsmans, ranch and home, hole-n-the wall, doesn't matter. When bi-mart or wal-mart has it, it's 7 or 8 cents a pop. Thinking there's a little gouging going on here. To me, what sucks is some kid who inhereted his/hers grandpa's 22 can't take their allowance and go to their local western auto hardware and get a hundred pack of "that's what grandpa said to shoot" . :oops:

I checked my cupboards and I'm not seeing a problemo_O
I have been banking some for a while now though.
I haven't gone out of my way. Never went to waldo world either.
22 has been available if you were looking,and not too hard. And I actually sold a little to buy a truck.
No I didn't finance the whole truck with 22lr

I like using .22's to start my range session... Kinda help me settle down and into the rhythm...

Then onto my regular carry practice followed back capping it all off with some .22 precision shots...

Just my regular routine...

I was told a gun shop in Sandy has plenty of .22lr in stock - good stuff at a reasonable price, with no limits. And he says it's always on the shelf when he goes in there. I guess it partly depends on where you are and your local stores. Heck, maybe now that Trump has been elected, the mad scramble to stock up on .22lr will finally come to an end.

That said, if stock ever returns to normal and price comes down, buy a TON and be sure you're ready for the next big panic buy, before it happens.
the stuff at the Sandy shop is higher than say fishermans/sportsmans/etc but they do have a fair amount.

The WORST thing (shooting - wise) I ever experienced was several years back (when it was worse than hit and miss to find any .22) I was in Sportsman's and I overheard a little girl about 11 say "So dad can we go shooting?" and he had to tell her he could not find any ammo. I really wish I had more (I was nearly out myself even not shooting .22 much) but I really wished I would have had a brick in hand because I would have just GIVEN it to 'dad' - hey I have a daughter and remember taking her out shooting when she was about that age.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top