JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw the same story, felt the same way. But I'm also reminded of the tens of thousands of other Syrian refugees trying to flee ISIS too. There are many, many more that need help too.

Hard for most Americans to truly know what a hard day is. What real tragedy is.
America is more concerned with the kardashians and getting there lattes right.
Anyone thinking guns are needed in every household should go live in some of these countries for a week.

So many things we take for granted.

It's easy to see why these countries hate us

Yes, there's plenty of tragedy to go around over there!
KraP, I had some idea of what I wanted to say but it escaped me. It's just too damned sad, that's all!

There's all that grief you cannot fix.
What can one person do to effect a change for the better?
Identify what you CAN fix, and fix it.

Sheila used to live under a bridge.
She now lives in a house with a job and family. Someone held out a little hope to Sheila.
She invests her spare time going back to the homeless camps, giving out ziplock bags of sanitary supplies (toothbrush, toothpaste, little soap bars, breath freshening gum, dog food)

My wife works at a pediatrics clinic. She carries the same little kits in her smock pockets.
Walking out of the building, she encounters homeless people hiding in the hedges.
Wife adds $5 burger coupons the folks can turn in for a couple meals. Adds business cards from the women's homeless shelter. Folks can get checked up, a shower, couple nights of safe sleep.

Why dog food? pets are homeless with their owners, malnourished.

What are Louise and Sheila doing one ziplock baggie at a time?

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews